Angeles Rawson Case ... A Real Life Whodunit

D.B. Cooper

Registered
I'm a big fan of Ruth Rendell crime novels. So here we have the real thing.
I think the porter is definitely in on it. But who else ???...
Now there appears to be a cousin who is also a Policeman ???
The big question is how did the body turn up in the garbage dump ???.
Time will tell.

The family has VERY close ties to the Minister of Security.
The doorman is saying he was framed.
The neighbor who had an audiotape of an intense argument in the apartment is now charged with perjury.
The father said she never came back to the building. But videos show she did.

Twisted.

Doorman did it. Can't argue with her DNA being found under his fingernails. I think she knew/saw/heard something that he wanted to keep secret.

I was watching the news on canal 13, they were laughing, joking and making a voyeuristic game of cluedo out of the whole event. Seemed a bit grotesque & disrespectful to me, am trying to avoid the coverage now.

Maybe I haven't yet completed the cultural adaption away from the relatively sober RTE, BBC , C4 news broadcasts to the gameshow-esque local variety!

I was watching the news on canal 13, they were laughing, joking and making a voyeuristic game of cluedo out of the whole event. Seemed a bit grotesque & disrespectful to me, am trying to avoid the coverage now.

Maybe I haven't yet completed the cultural adaption away from the relatively sober RTE, BBC , C4 news broadcasts to the gameshow-esque local variety!
Same here. I got tired of this whole story in about 3 days. A real-life-story turned into a novela. I would hate to be any of the people swept up in the media frenzy. Then again any time I see corporate media making such a long term spectacle of something I always wonder what is the real story our attention is being diverted away from.

One thing that really caught my eye though was how the media is actually involved in the case like an investigative branch of the police. I was a bit stunned at the true police-style interrogation of the house cleaner that I happened to witness one morning. I'm fairly certain interviewer was studied in interrogation techniques judging by the detail and pattern of the questions - basically creating a video that they could study later for eye movement and such telltale signs to see if she was lying about anything. I didn't really get why she was subjecting herself to that, being seemingly terrified of the whole process. My suegra said that if she didn't cooperate like that, the media would basically make up any story they wanted, much worse than anything she might say, so there wasn't any choice but to comply if she didn't want her face smeared all of the news channels. I gather the news was more involved in ferreting out the portero than the police investigators? Anyway - I don't know or really care, but the power and reach of the press is intriguing here - interesting topic of conversation in itself.

The problem is that there is so much corruption that getting to the truth seems like an impossibility. Between the coverup and the police wanting to close the case, it's hard to know what's really going on. I'm not sure I would even trust DNA results.

My guess is several levels of government and the underworld (and those with one foot on either side) are what's holding this case up. Similar to what happened to Candela a couple years ago. The media are simply vultures who won't uncover anything of value other than what the parties involved want them to.

Same here. I got tired of this whole story in about 3 days. A real-life-story turned into a novela. I would hate to be any of the people swept up in the media frenzy. Then again any time I see corporate media making such a long term spectacle of something I always wonder what is the real story our attention is being diverted away from.

One thing that really caught my eye though was how the media is actually involved in the case like an investigative branch of the police. I was a bit stunned at the true police-style interrogation of the house cleaner that I happened to witness one morning. I'm fairly certain interviewer was studied in interrogation techniques judging by the detail and pattern of the questions - basically creating a video that they could study later for eye movement and such telltale signs to see if she was lying about anything. I didn't really get why she was subjecting herself to that, being seemingly terrified of the whole process. My suegra said that if she didn't cooperate like that, the media would basically make up any story they wanted, much worse than anything she might say, so there wasn't any choice but to comply if she didn't want her face smeared all of the news channels. I gather the news was more involved in ferreting out the portero than the police investigators? Anyway - I don't know or really care, but the power and reach of the press is intriguing here - interesting topic of conversation in itself.

Mauro Viale was actually snooping around inside the buidling last week and had the temerity to take offense at being asked to leave by one of the residents.

The problem is that there is so much corruption that getting to the truth seems like an impossibility. Between the coverup and the police wanting to close the case, it's hard to know what's really going on. I'm not sure I would even trust DNA results.

My guess is several levels of government and the underworld (and those with one foot on either side) are what's holding this case up. Similar to what happened to Candela a couple years ago. The media are simply vultures who won't uncover anything of value other than what the parties involved want them to.

What cover up?

...and what hold up?

These things aren't sewn up in a day. As for the mano negra, we would be hypothetically talking about some very very powerful interests involved - to meddle at all levels of the investigation (police, judicial, independent teams of medics etc...), and there is as yet no evidence of this. The family of the portero are clutching at straws, in fact his defense have already clearly intimated that they know the real story from him, the only questions remaining are the motive and the possibility of other people being involved.

Candela's case is a complete contrast. She was surrounded by family and neighbours with links to drug trade, her father did jail time for being involved in a gang of piratas del asfalto and of course you had the involvement of the bonarense who have their fingers in all of these things in the conurbano.

Then again any time I see corporate media making such a long term spectacle of something I always wonder what is the real story our attention is being diverted away from.

Hmm... the recent train crash (which happened 1 day before they arrested the porter) among several other more pressing matters...

Back