Animal abuse - Advice Needed

Hi Lee,

Like you this totally pisses me off. In my younger years I know exactly what my response would be, and it would not be very diplomatic I'm afraid. Something along the lines of someone's ass getting kicked... anyway...

I was taking my mother in law home last week and we saw a man kicking his dog into his house, just kicking him over and over again from the curb to the front door. I slammed on the brakes and stopped for a minute. Guy stopped and looked up, glared at me and I at him. But it was dark, a back street, and my mother in law sitting beside me. Better judgment took over but I admit some thoughts raced through my mind.

I'm really glad that you have brought this up and there has to be some kind of agency or group that works to protect animals. Got to be some way to deal with this officially?

Anyone?

I'm checking into it for you. I have a few friends that may know something. As soon as I here back I'll forward you information. Thanks for caring.

I doubt there is anything you can do. Do they even have laws against beating animals here?
If you really care about animals, you should stop eating meat. That dog has it a lot better of than the animals you eat everyday.

Lee said:
Here is the problem. We live on the 15th floor so we have a good view of other buildings. We have seen a doorman who has a dog. No problem with having a dog BUT the only time he sees this dog is to abuse it! The poor thing is never taken out and lives on the roof!

We have lived in this apartment going on 2 years now and this asshole has never walked the dog...it spends all of it's time exposed to the elements (with no shelter at all)...he "see's it" 2 times a week and when he does he kicks it and generally abuses the poor thing.

We are sick of this shit and want to know what can be done about this! I know that this is NOT a top priority here BUT we are seeing abuse and the one being abused is powerless to do anything about it so we have to be his/her voice.

What are our options?

We have thought about offering this insensitive asshole money to BUY the dog...just to get it out of this inhuman situation. We simply can not stand by and allow this.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
That is great that you made this observation, unfortunately there is not much you can do if he feeds the dog and you would need video proof that he is abusing the dog. If you really want to help a sweet dog you should adopt this homeless dog that the owner left on the streets, I would but the owner of my apartment does not allow me to have animals. http://baexpats.org/expat-life/7838-really-nice-dog-needs-good-home.html

Looks like since he is the doorman to the building you could talk to the administration of the building. Get your neighbors together and talk to management...
But this country his a tough country for animals.. you see stray cats and dogs everyplace....
If you complain he will just put the dog on the street.. which may not be a better life for a dog.
The other option is to tie his hands and throw him on the roof and let the dog have a few hours with him!!!

I'll get in touch with a couple of people I know in the local Humane Society and will pass on their suggestions. Probably the offer to buy the dog would work, but nothing stops that brute from getting another dog and doing exactly the same thing again.

There ARE laws here dealing with this, I'll be checking the details.

If the dog is kicked out, it could be a matter of finding a welcoming home (got 4 dogs, 3 are stray).

This guy should be kicked out, good lesson.
Putting some kind of pressure on the "consorcio" could give them a reason to fire the guy if they already are complaining about him.

You could go straight to the PF maybe but better ask "una protectora" first.

orwellian said:
I doubt there is anything you can do. Do they even have laws against beating animals here?
If you really care about animals, you should stop eating meat. That dog has it a lot better of than the animals you eat everyday.
we do not have such sophisticated laws, we are just some savage, uneducated indians! sorry gotta go hunt for dinner :p

Back