Animal abuse - Advice Needed

orwellian said:
Well I am reasoning with you and you are an animal abuser, at least indirectly. And you're right, I doubt I can talk some sense into you. But I try, without resorting to "I wanna kick your ass in a dark alley".

Well, I stand corrected. Unleashing your "reasoning" skills on this dog abuser may be far more effective than the a** kicking I might offer. Poor guy would probably wish he was getting his a** kicked instead.

So, yes I stand corrected. We'll send in orwellian in these cases!

:rolleyes:

orwellian said:
Is that dog still adoptable? I know I girl looking for one
Yes I travel over 1 hour a couple of times a week to feed this dog, the problem I have is that the bigger dogs on the block eats the food that i leave for her so she only gets to eat when I am there. I would take her but the owner of my apartment does not allow pets.

I think Citygirl is right, a non confrontational way would probably be best. Wouldn't surprise me if the physical abuse is due to behavior problems that are caused by little or no exercise. Maybe you can offer to take the dog on a walk every now and then?

Quentin.Daniels said:
Yes YOU all of you posting how you rescue dogs and care about animals, you make me sick with your lies trying to appear like you are caring human beings. I have been posting about this little dog for months and not one person has even attempted to make an effort to save this dog. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.....
http://baexpats.org/expat-life/7838-really-nice-dog-needs-good-home.html

I've got 2 whippets (rescues) and a new baby in house, we've got our hands full right now.

I did ask my inlaws but they couldn't and their neighbors have cats and wouldn't. So yes, I did ask but I'm sorry I can not help you.

How bad is he abusing the dog (apart of keeping him prisoner on the roof) ?
Kicking with his leg ? With a "palo" ?
What kind of breed is it ?

I would not go ahead and talk with the guy as a foreigner (he probably would answer "que carajo te importa ?", "porque no volves a tu pais ?"), furthermore it seems quite evident that this guy would pass his nerves on the dog (from what I could feel based on your description).

At worst, the guy will beat the hell out of the poor animal, at best he will release it in the street... Or things will remain unchanged.

What I would do :
- videotape the guy on the roof (it's legal, it would not be in the guy's patio).
Preferably videotape the guy from a window which is not yours (window in the building's staircase ? something similar). If you have to videotape it from your home, don't include details that could identify you (like curtains, ...).
- talk with some of your Argentinean neighbours to see what can be done
- then, eventually, have a group of your neighbours file a denuncia at the PF : At worst, they'll do nothing, at best they'll go speak with the guy but then, what will happen to the dog ?

Last : the picket thing is not a bad idea, it certainly will be something he will remember.
The idea here would be to have the guy kicked out, fair counterpart.

I would not pin my hopes on that. People who live in apartment buildings say it is practically impossible to fire a portero, no matter how big a scoundrel.

French jurist said:
The idea here would be to have the guy kicked out, fair counterpart.

SaraSara said:
I would not pin my hopes on that. People who live in apartment buildings say it is practically impossible to fire a portero, no matter how big a scoundrel.

It's true as well... Complicated situation. Alerting Lee's own neighbours and filing a complaint seems the only option.

Problem with creating a scandal is making it big enough so that it doesn't backfire (dog would be the victim)

Lee said:
Good question...why...well, as you can see from the wide range of replies given that we just didn't know what to do or what could be done.

Of course, there is always the "mind your own business" mentality that unfortunately we had.

Thanks for all of the replies to our question.
Sorry I didn´t mean to sound mean or accuse you of anything, it is just that the whole deal really upset me, no need to explain yourself, sorry :p

I believe what would work the best is to a) call or email one of the associations for pet rights, b) report to the police ( even if they do nothing ) c) print out some copies with the address - if possible picture of the dog - and write in bold what the ass***e is doing to it, then stick them all across the block.

I bet this mofo is keeping the dog as a guardian, to attack any looters, and by abusing it, it becomes more and more aggresive ( like a weapon ) if by chance that dog gets out of there it could be very dangerous as it is ( depoending on its temper and breed ) so the whole deal is not just about the doggie but neighboring dogs and kids really.

There is also this TV show, whose host is Raul Portal , I bet if you email him or the production they will make it public as well, I will see if I can find any info on it.

orwellian said:
And while your at it, beat yourself up too.

raising an animal for food and beating a pet are 2 different things.

also, even if you raised and animal for food, I would think you would be an asshole to beat it everyday til you slaughtered it.

Back