Another Dni Question - How Many Digits

Stevied

Registered
Queation for you experts. Do the DNI numbers for extranjeros have a different format? I am waiting on my DNI card from Migraciones, but the receipt/confirmation they gave me when I left their office has my DNI number. The only problem is that it has 7 digits, unlike my wife's DNI (she is Argentine) which has 8 digits. The number actually shows a dash, followed by 7 digits. Anyone have insight into this?

Mine has the same number of digits as my husband's (also a native).

However, I have seen DNIs of older foreign people (b. 1925) with 7 digits.

That is not your DNI number. It will ultimately have a similar format to a regular DNI but a different sequence of numbers and a large EXTRANJERO splashed across the front.

I agree with ElCordobés, it's not your DNI. That might be your Tramite number which you could use to track the delivery on the Correo Argentino website. Otherwise, you can use the number under the barcode to track it on the Ministro Interior website.

Your DNI coud be 7 digits if you got it circa 1950 or earlier.
Otherwise no way.

Must be prior to 1950. I was born in CABA in 1950 and my DNI has 8 digits.

Reactions: ben
Perhaps I am reading my paper incorrectly. I did check using the bar code number and it indicated my DNI was mailed 2 days ago - perhaps it will come today or early next week.

Must be prior to 1950. I was born in CABA in 1950 and my DNI has 8 digits.

Interesting. I imagine the first 2 digits must be very low 10's.
A relative of mine was born in 1957 and his DNI starts with 13.
His older brother was born in 1955, and his DNI starts with 11.

The Correo makes 2 delivery attempts, then returns your DNI to a DNI pick-up location designated for your area. Most recently (3 weeks ago) mine had only one delivery attempt and was on it's way back to Renaper. Luckily, I went to pick it up that day at the Correo number identified on the Correo Argentina tracking page for my delivery. You can always attempt to pick up at the Correo if you know what time your cartero ends his/her rounds. Correo 12 is Pueyrredon close to Charcas/Marcelo T De Alvear. The alternative is to pick up where they send your DNI (frequently, it's the Junin location if you are in Capital).

When they attempt to deliver but nobody home, do they leave you a notice of the attempt?

Back