Another Mass Shooting In The Us...

Sorry Steve but to say "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Obama may or may not turn out to be one of the worst presidents in US history, but, by a definition he cannot dispute, he is clearly the most unpatriotic." [/background]is clearly absurd. Coupled with your comments about the OIC makes me wonder whether you may have paranoid tendencies. (Only kidding). I agree that he has done (and not done) things that deserve criticism, and I've criticised him hard and often, but I do that to all political leaders. They are not perfect and even when they achieve great things they always let us done in other ways. But as a non-US citizen and someone who's travelled extensively over the last 30 years, I can tell you that the current President has restored the international reputation of the USA after the debacle of the Bush years, and I would say that he has achieved some great things.

To paraphrase your phrase, by any definition that you cannot dispute, he has improved the economy, improved relations with Cuba after 50 plus years of stalemate, legalised same sex marriage, improved the US policy on climate change, brought about an excellent agreement with Iran (approved by just about everyone except Israel and the Republicans) and perhaps the best of all, started the process of a decent national health care system. Now I don't expect you or other libertarians (El Queso?) would agree with any of those things, and would probably say they are precisely the reason he has been subverting the constitution and should be considered unpatriotic, but I'm not an ideologue like yourself.

And I'd trust the SCOTUS decision on the constitutionality of the ACA, even with a very conservative bench it voted in favour. I'll let you have the last word. (Unless I really, really, can't resist it.)

And the insanity continues:

http://www.ktvq.com/story/32463358/source-7-officers-shot-3-feared-dead-in-baton-rouge

And I'd trust the SCOTUS decision on the constitutionality of the ACA, even with a very conservative bench it voted in favour. I'll let you have the last word. (Unless I really, really, can't resist it.)

Yes, this Supreme Court absolutely rocks.No surprise that the same supreme court that flushed the 4th amendment down the toilet found ACA to be perfectly legal.

Supreme Court Says Police May Use Evidence Found After Illegal Stops

“This case tells everyone, white and black, guilty and innocent, that an officer can verify your legal status at any time, It says that your body is subject to invasion while courts excuse the violation of your rights. It implies that you are not a citizen of a democracy but the subject of a carceral state, just waiting to be cataloged.”

A very heartbreaking and saddening, but completely unsurprising, development.
Target and abuse blacks long enough, while shielding the perpetrators from any real consequence for their actions, and violent blow back will be the outcome. Now the police will probably retaliate by targeting minorities with an even heavier hand, and the spiral of violence and chaos will gain momentum.

Yes, this Supreme Court absolutely rocks.No surprise that the same supreme court that flushed the 4th amendment down the toilet found ACA to be perfectly legal.

Supreme Court Says Police May Use Evidence Found After Illegal Stops

“This case tells everyone, white and black, guilty and innocent, that an officer can verify your legal status at any time, It says that your body is subject to invasion while courts excuse the violation of your rights. It implies that you are not a citizen of a democracy but the subject of a carceral state, just waiting to be cataloged.”

It sure isn't perfect, this decision looks like a real stinker. But with Scalia and the other conservatives running the show you'd expect this. Makes the ACA decision even more legitimate if even Scalia and his buddies couldn't fault it. Citizens United is another. Apparently Hilary is going to propose a constitutional amendment to get rid of it, another reason to vote for her instead of the bigot.

Makes the ACA decision even more legitimate...
Not sure about legitimate, but makes it more consistent for sure, as forcing people to buy insurance or else, and making them subjected to arbitrary police searches are both rulings you'd expect from an authoritarian state.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Apparently Hilary is going to propose a constitutional amendment to get rid of it, another reason to vote for her instead of the bigot. [/background]
Yeah, keep telling yourself that being beaten with a baseball bat is so much better than being beaten with a wrench.

78e47c01a0e64f5aef430131d26f6ca9f253d0e8.png

never.jpg

Thin Blue Line:
The way this thing is headed you dial 911 for help and nobody is going to be home. They ain't paying enough for the people in blue to walk into an ambush. Time to arm up and let the blood bath begin. Thank You NRA and the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12081308/America-treats-black-men-with-guns-as-thugs-and-white-ones-as-patriots.html

Back on topic, more or less. I've just read that the RNC has prohibited guns from their convention. What kind of hypocrisy is that? Surely 20,000 'good guys with guns' under the same roof would make it the safest place in the USA?
Not so quick: outside the convention AR 15s are in but no tennis balls:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/you-cant-carry-a-tennis-ball-near-the-gop-convention-but-you-can-bring-a-gun/2016/07/14/8216a202-4932-11e6-90a8-fb84201e0645_story.html

[font=Helvetica Neue']camberiu, regarding your comment[/font]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"forcing people to buy insurance or else, and making them subjected to arbitrary police searches are both rulings you'd expect from an authoritarian state".[/background]

I wouldn't equate the two rulings at all. Arbitrary police searches can result in imprisonment, whereas if someone refuses to pay their share of insurance they wouldn't.

Source: http://www.factcheck...ng-health-care/

The health care bill that was signed into law by President Obama says criminal penalties will not apply to those who refuse to get coverage and refuse to pay the penalty ta[font=Droid Serif']x. [/font]As we wrote in a March 2010 post on the IRS’ responsibilities, the law says on page 131: "In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."

If you think that improving health care amongst the population is the sign of an authoritarian state then we don't really have any common ground. Maybe start another thread if you want to discuss that.

[font=Helvetica Neue']Why not have a national health care system? it works well wherever I've lived. Definitely for another thread. [/font]

Back