Another Mass Shooting In The Us...

Good luck to anyone trying to pin this on the NRA and the 2nd Amendment. Specially considering that the current number of annual murders in the US is at the lowest since the 1960s, when the population was 200M people (versus 320M today) and there were a lot less guns around, specially automatic ones.

All crime is down in the USA. The amount of guns (more than ever) has absolutely nothing to do with this statistic.
Your argument is often used by far right, conservatives and NRA members.
As far as answering the question you did not above... many lawsuits have been filed against the NRA, but they have far too much influence ($$$'s) in Washington and the courts.
Around 70% of Americans want some type of rational gun control.. currently the Republican senators voted once again even against the most basics of gun control.
45 of 52 voted against! Next week they will also most likely vote to allow "silencers". They also received just over $30 000 000 last year from the NRA. Getting money out of politics (Citizens United) is the 1st step towards getting the elected officials to actually work for the people rather than special interests. (corporations)

List of Senators who receive the largest NRA donations. John McCain top the list at over $7 million.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/04/opinion/thoughts-prayers-nra-funding-senators.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

As far as answering the question you did not above... many lawsuits have been filed against the NRA, but they have far too much influence ($$$'s) in Washington and the courts.

And over the juries of peers apparently, in every 50 states and 3,007 counties.

Or it could be that, as I said before, proving beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law that the NRA is directly responsible for mass shootings is really hard to do.
But hey, whatever conspiracy theory suits you.
Trying to blame and ban guns is just as ignorant and irrational as trying to blame and ban Muslims. But feel free to knock yourself out at it.

And over the juries of peers apparently, in every 50 states and 3,007 counties.

Just in the spirit of defending truth, it has to be pointed out that suits often never reach a jury. If they are not decided by the judge alone in the initial hearings/trials, then they are on appeal.

This argument is therefore moot.

3% of americans own 50% of the guns. About 30% of americans own guns at all.
So 70% of the electorate is non-gun owners.

Eventually, we will probably see changes in America's gun laws. USA, I mean.

who gives a shit about random acts of terrorism. In the past 72 hours there were 93 US gun related deaths, and that's excluding Orlando.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...cluding-orlando

What a shame there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. :rolleyes:

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

6,056 US gun deaths so far in 2016, including 258 0-11 year olds killed/injured. 1,297 teenagers.

You get what you deserve. There should be some basic controls on guns ownership like to evidence an honest way of living and a simple mental health test like it is here.

3% of americans own 50% of the guns. About 30% of americans own guns at all.
So 70% of the electorate is non-gun owners.

Eventually, we will probably see changes in America's gun laws. USA, I mean.

Sure, as soon as lobby becomes illegal you can see some changes because in the rest of the world what you call lobby is called brives.

Sure, as soon as lobby becomes illegal you can see some changes because in the rest of the world what you call lobby is called brives.

An understandable opinion, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. Political contributions, if intelligently controlled/administered, can be a proper adjunct to free popular elections. Unfortunately, the 5-4 Sup Ct decision in "Citizens United" has had a deleterious effect on elections and law making. For a primer on the subject see https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/21/5-years-later-citizens-united-has-remade-us-politics. At some point that decision and its consequences need to be reversed.
In the meanwhile, events like the tragedy in Las Vegas are catalysts for change on gun control law. Who the fu*k needs an a fully automatic rifle for killing Bambi anyway? Should another such event occur in the not-too-distant future, I think the tide will turn. Too bad innocent lives will be unnecessarily lost in the process.
I am reminded of this USA oriented quip - "There 2 things I can't stand. Prejudice and southerners."

An understandable opinion, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. Political contributions, if intelligently controlled/administered, can be a proper adjunct to free popular elections. Unfortunately, the 5-4 Sup Ct decision in "Citizens United" has had a deleterious effect on elections and law making. For a primer on the subject see https://www.usnews.c...de-us-politics. At some point that decision and its consequences need to be reversed.
In the meanwhile, events like the tragedy in Las Vegas are catalysts for change on gun control law. Who the fu*k needs an a fully automatic rifle for killing Bambi anyway? Should another such event occur in the not-too-distant future, I think the tide will turn. Too bad innocent lives will be unnecessarily lost in the process.
I am reminded of this USA oriented quip - "There 2 things I can't stand. Prejudice and southerners."

I don't necessarily disagree but it's pointless. There are much better methods of mass killings. I hope everyone is enjoying (yes, people eat up the drama and opportunity for faux outrage) these low body counts cause as technology becomes cheaper, high numbers of capable people suffer anomie, and hedonism becomes rarer, eventually there is going to be a big one, i.e. 4-5 orders of a magnitude larger than anything seen so far. There are simply too many loser humans ready to go amok (in the original Malay sense).

Back