Another Mass Shooting In The Us...

Anti-Liberal-Memes-south-side-chicago.jpg

Isn't that Zooey Deschanel?

She tried to buy a gun after all: https://youtu.be/UPu0PU6sLxo

And ended up using an air rifle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSUfW5BBJKM

Another senseless tragedy. Innocent men women and young people killed in a mass shooting. I love the USA, but not the NRA.
They've hijacked the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution for monetary gains. Their is big bucks selling guns.
I was wondering why can't the victims and the families of these shootings file a class action law suit agains the NRA.
That was not a "rifle" the man was using, it was clearly a machine gun. You have recorded sound showing that it was clearly not a rifle.
So who goes hunting with a machine gun?

I was wondering why can't the victims and the families of these shootings file a class action law suit agains the NRA.

Good luck to anyone trying to pin this on the NRA and the 2nd Amendment. Specially considering that the current number of annual murders in the US is at the lowest since the 1960s, when the population was 200M people (versus 320M today) and there were a lot less guns around, specially automatic ones.

Good luck to anyone trying to pin this on the NRA and the 2nd Amendment. Specially considering that the current number of annual murders in the US is at the lowest since the 1960s, when the population was 200M people (versus 320M today) and there were a lot less guns around, specially automatic ones.

Really?... The question here is not murders but mass shootings. 477 Days. 521 mass shootings.

https://www.nytimes....span-abc-region

This attack was not gay motivated. Nor ISIS related. It was a white male with assault weapons shooting indiscriminately from a hotel window. Yet another example of the power and money the NRA holds over the U.S. Government. No civilian needs to own a machine gun. There will always be crazy horrible people in every society, but it is up to the government to keep assault weapons out of their hands. All of the guns were legal. That is appalling.

All of the guns were legal. That is appalling.

I am just thinking now that I hope it is not possible to legally own a rocket or grenade launcher in the US

edit: It seems you can legally own a grenade launcher in the US http://xdind.com/yes-you-can-legally-own-a-grenade-launcher

You only have to pass some background checks and pay some taxes

First: in the good old USA (as in any country) is NOT legal to buy machine guns, and to convert a semi-automatic rifle to a full auto can bring you an stiff ferderal sentence.

Second: threre firearms are used about 2,000,000 times a year(not necessarily firing them) to save about 200,000 lives.

Third: in 2016 there were 58,000 deaths due to drug overdoses in the USA only.

First: in the good old USA (as in any country) is NOT legal to buy machine guns, and to convert a semi-automatic rifle to a full auto can bring you an stiff ferderal sentence.

Second: threre firearms are used about 2,000,000 times a year(not necessarily firing them) to save about 200,000 lives.

Third: in 2016 there were 58,000 deaths due to drug overdoses in the USA only.

First: I'm with you on people who don't know a muzzle loader from a Sherman tank. (Though it is legal to buy machine guns, if you possess the proper permits.)

Second: Lots of anecdotal data there, and it's a huge reach to imply that more firearms in people's hands is a good thing. In a tense situation, most people would be lucky to not blow their own foot off - chances are, it would be an innocent bystander they ended up hurting.

Third: So what? Deflecting by bringing up a totally unrelated statistic does not change the fact that something needs to be done in the US regarding nutbars with firearms. I have owned or fired just about all types of firearm, from a 1785 flintlock to a belt-fed .50 cal, and I've never been able to come up with a reason I need to own a military style weapon (but I confess to owning an M1911A1). Maybe I feel cool enough without packing an AR-15 - I definitely don't need a 30 round magazine for anything.

Also proud to have renounced my lifetime membership in the NRA when the rabid right took over in the early 90s.

I renounced mine when they started to send me thank you gifts made in china also in the 90s lol

Back