Another New Arrival But From Another Part Of The World!

ChrisfromNZ

Registered
Hi everyone! My name's Chris and as my name states, I'm from New Zealand ( below/next to Australia if you needed help haha)
I arrived a few days ago here and plan to be here a good while.

I'm after any personal recommendations for private spanish tutors as well as any leads on English Teaching positions. I studied english teaching in New Zealand and have extensive experience teaching speakers of other languages english etc. Any help or information would be much appreciated!

Also, I am looking for a room to rent and have gone on to CompartoDepto.com and it looks interesting. However difficult to know if the prices there are good prices offered or if I would find better elsewhere. Id prefer to live with a mix of expats and spanish speakers.
I hear Palermo, Villa Crespo and Recoleta are good and safe-ish areas. At the moment Im staying at Villa Crespo with a friend., but this cant go on forever :)

Im really excited to be here and to learn from this amazing city!

Thanks everyone :)
Chris from New Zealand

Hi Chris, and welcome. Your good attitude will help you in BA and on this forum! :)
Those areas you are looking are all good (and yes, safe-ISH), with plenty of expats, if that is important to you. Your best spot to live depends on how much you want to be in the center of things, versus living somewhere quieter, etc.
Regarding private Spanish tutors, I can highly recommend Adriana Crom, as can many others here at baexpats. She teaches out of her apartment in Recoleta, charges a very reasonable price, and is a life-changer as far as learning Spanish quickly and properly. She also speaks nearly perfect English, and can explain to you the differences in the grammar of English and Spanish, which I also found to be extremely helpful. Finally, she's dialed in to many hidden things in BA that you would likely never hear about as an expat. Her contact info is:
Adriana Crom
[email protected]
4814-0792 home
6541-6950 cell

Best of luck!

A few weeks ago had posted advert for my 39 Chevy for sale, then received a call from New Zealand inquiring about my car for sale.
His laguage spoken, think he spoke English but couldn't understand an iota ! If you are planning to teach English in Bs As, better polish
on the heavy NZ accent first before preaching to Argentinos..Ha,ha,haaa

Back