Another Question For International Travellers

To answer the question:

you need to declare anything with a serial number to avoid problems. Last year I did a big photo shoot in Africa and declared smartphone and all cameras and lenses I took with me. Did it online, then you get a number which the officer in AEP or EZE uses to pull up and print out your declaration. Then they check the serial numbers of the stuff you have with the ones declared and sign off on it and give you a signed copy.

They did not know/mind that all stuff I declared had been brought in undeclared by myself and/or friends/family during the previous years.

Process took 20 minutes or so, but I only had one person in front of me. Might be worth it to do it a day before if possible, in case of long lines.

The declaration/paper is valid for one year, so I did not have to do it again for another trip to Chile.
When coming back from Africa/Chile, I wasn't asked about the photography gear, and I didn't (need to) declare anything, but it felt good/relaxed to have the paper anyway.

The declaration/paper is valid for one year,...

Funny...Argentine (or just government) logic. Why is it good for one year, I wonder? The serial number on my circa 1989 model Nikon F3 has not changed, nor will it ever. The same can be said of the serial numbers on all of my electronic (and mechanical) gear.

In Februrary I traveled in with an Iphone 6, 3 Samsung Galaxy S6 and my personal phone. No questions asked nor did I declare them. I just write on the slip how much I approximately hold in value and if it's under 10,000 USD you should be fine. I don't think they're looking for petty little things like a few phones here and there. It's mostly for the guy who abuses the system and tries to bring in 10 plus phones lol its pretty obvious.

Looks like flights Sao Paulo > Doha are having to go via Athens - nightmare ! I liked Qatar airways...

I don't know if this applies to non-argentine citizens w/ electronics from other countries. seriously it seems like you could be in violation of 4 laws in Argentina just by sitting there watching the paint dry.

Funny...Argentine (or just government) logic. Why is it good for one year, I wonder? The serial number on my circa 1989 model Nikon F3 has not changed, nor will it ever. The same can be said of the serial numbers on all of my electronic (and mechanical) gear.

Because they look for stuff no older than 1.5 years, so you are likely covered for that period of time with your first declaration.

I have a question. I am getting a small loan from a family member overseas...
what is the best way of receiving the money? Especially for them to send money here... and the money getting here safely. How do I go about that?

I never faced this issue before... I need answers..

thanks in advance

I have never had my person searched when passing through customs into this country. Has anyone? So if I had my iPhone in my pocket??

Back