Another Visa question

jay jay

Registered
Hello,
I got married a month ago in China before moving here. My wife is chinese. I work since a month here in Buenos Aires for the next 3 years.
We thought it would be easy to get my wife here but as she is Chinese it is very hard with the visa issues, tourist visas for her is mission impossible.

I applied for the visa thing for me with my company today and they told me that it will take several months. From then on I can have my wife here.
Has anyone have the same issues?
I am trying to find a way to get her here faster so if you had a similar experience, please let me know.

Cheers,
JJ

Where are you from? If your work gets you a work visa which is a temporary residency, your wife is also supposed to get it.

I am French, I can apply for the temporary residency form here as I can enter without a visa. She can not apply for that temporary residency as long as I don't have mine... That's what they say...

As she's now married to you, can she get a french/EU passport? Of course, i'm sure that will be just as if not slower but will help you in the future for other countries you may be transfered to.

Having lived myself in China for over 10 years, i know what a pain it is to get a Chinese citizen a visa into pretty much all other countries.

Gabriel will definietely help you. If you get the temp residency, she will get it as well since she's your wife. Just make sure you both have all the papers required.

cavemanugh said:
As she's now married to you, can she get a french/EU passport? Of course, i'm sure that will be just as if not slower but will help you in the future for other countries you may be transfered to.

Having lived myself in China for over 10 years, i know what a pain it is to get a Chinese citizen a visa into pretty much all other countries.

Only after three years of marriage can she apply for French citizenship. Since they just got married, I imagine the visa to Argentina will probably take less time than that. But who knows.

Hi,
so I have some good news, I can get her here with my precaria visa, the first stpe of the DNI and a lot of papers that need to get apostilled in France. So that should be ok.
I will contact Gabriel also.
Thanks a lot for your precious help.
JJ

Good luck with it. The whole residency process in Argentina is supposed to be getting easier, at least that's what one might be lead to believe anyway. There is rumour that the government are taking steps to encourage more foreigners to get residency here - whether it will happen is another story!

Back