Antecendentes penales...Can you get a turno?

oxente!

Registered
I need a new copy of my antecedentes penales from the policia federal on Azopardo.

Question -- can I get a turno or do I have to wait in line? I did it a year ago but I cannot remember what I did!

Thanks in advance!!

I sent my paperwork to the migraciones on Av. Antártida Argentina 1355 in the beginning of December to recieve my antecedentes penales and it has still not arrived. How long do I have to wait? Should I call to see if they have it?

yabasta said:
I sent my paperwork to the migraciones on Av. Antártida Argentina ...

Sent?? I've never heard that it can be done by mail. What made you think it is possible?
Did you pay them processing fee for issuing the certificate?

Thanks so much for the info! Now that I think about it I am sure I went to Piedras last year because I was sure I had gotten a turno online.... I did it this same way. Thanks for the refresher!

I am not in BsAs and was told at the police here that I needed to send all my paperwork (fingerprints done by the police here, application form, and proof of payment) to Buenos Aires. I chose the immigration office as the one of many to send it to because it did not say where exactly to send it, but now I am wondering if I should have sent it to the Piedras office. If I am not from BsAs, how do I go about getting everything done for my residency? All the advice on this site is usually for folks in BsAs as it is called BAexpats, but does anyone know how one goes about it when not living near BsAs?

yabasta said:
I am not in BsAs and was told at the police here that I needed to send all my paperwork (fingerprints done by the police here, application form, and proof of payment) to Buenos Aires. I chose the immigration office as the one of many to send it to because it did not say where exactly to send it, but now I am wondering if I should have sent it to the Piedras office. If I am not from BsAs, how do I go about getting everything done for my residency? All the advice on this site is usually for folks in BsAs as it is called BAexpats, but does anyone know how one goes about it when not living near BsAs?

Where are you living?

when you go in go to the back right corner with photo cpoies of your documents and photos and go to the desk for antecdentes. This part is easy. You fill in the form and then pay 25 pesos. You recieve a reciept and some 30 or so days later your certificate will be ready(you can phone to ask) . Then you have to wait in the line from hell to get it.

windy said:
when you go in go to the back right corner with photo cpoies of your documents and photos and go to the desk for antecdentes. This part is easy. You fill in the form and then pay 25 pesos. You recieve a reciept and some 30 or so days later your certificate will be ready(you can phone to ask) . Then you have to wait in the line from hell to get it.

I believe windy is referring to the office of migraciones on Antardida. I believe they have a limited number of turnos (if they still do it there). I got one there in 2006, but the I got the last two at the Piedras office (where you can now also pay...insted of going to a bank).

To get the antecedentes penales in BA you can request a turno on line or call an 800 number. Last September, I did the latter and got an appointment within 90 minutes (just enought time to shave, shower and take the subte (linea D) from Congreso de Tucuman to Catedral and walk to the branch on Piedras. I paid about $40 pesos (for next day service) and waited about twenty minutes to have my fingerprints taken. I was also informed that if I didn't pick it up within two weeks I would have to get another one.

I returned the next day after 4PM and received the "report" in less than ten minutes.

You only need your passport or DNI (and a photo copy of whichever you are using) to get the report...nada mas!

yabasta said:
I am not in BsAs and was told at the police here that I needed to send all my paperwork (fingerprints done by the police here

It's faster with the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia, rather than with the Police. You can see on their webpage if they have an office near where you are http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Atencion_Particular.aspx
Anyway, Antartida Argentina is Reg. Nac. Reincidencias, not the Police. Only Azopardo is the Police (for this purpose).

The Direccion Nacional de Migraciones also has many offices. Check their website http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesos/ingles/home.php and see if there is any near you. The link is on the left side of the page, and says "Representations".

Back