Any advice on receiving unconventional pacakages from the states?

It'll never show up on your doorstep anyway.

First of all, depending on who is sending it, if it's intercepted in their country, they might be the one getting in trouble. So your friend on the other end had better be willing to take that risk.

Secondly between here and whatever country this is coming from, there's so many chances of interception that I don't even see it arriving. And the larger the package you put it in to cover the smell, the more likely there will be drug sniffing dogs checking those packages before their loaded onto the plane etc.

If you're going to do anything, just get someone to send you some seeds and you can grow them here. you can even buy hydroponics stuff if you want and set it up here.

But since it isn't legal and you're most likely not even here legally (except for on a tourist visa I'm guessing), why put yourself on the radar. Sending seeds is fine. But sending actually buds that have a nice stink, odds are they won't even get here, and your friend that's sending them might be the one that ends up in more trouble than you. That's kind of shitty to do to a friend.

I'm from Vancouver, the weed here will never match up, but it's not as bad as you think. You can get some decent stuff -- sounds like you haven't even tried yet since your impressions were based on hearsay.

Yes you do get some seeds, but nothing like what I've had in the Middle East. Not nearly as dry as there either.

And a friend of mine planted some of the seeds he got, to his surprise a lot of the plants actually grew and are blooming.

In spite of the advice about packaging, I would agree with everybody here that the reward is not really worth the risk. I don't even trust the mail (for regular shipments, much less something illicit) to even get to me, I wouldn't want to be super paranoid about the possible trouble it could bring. I recommend you try the local variety (buy a grinder. it's not great, but you'll adapt), and if you're going to be around for a year or order some seeds and grow your own green. Cheers!

nikad said:
Marihuana posession is still punished as a crime in the Criminal Code, I have heard of people being arrested for 2-3 days for carrying 3 marihuana cigarretes... do not play the hero here, situations with the Police can get really bizarre to say the least. No to mention if you get in trouble with Province Police it gets ten times worse and unless you have plenty of contacts they will make your life miserable for as long as they can get away with it. Have heard several horror stories first hand.

Touchè!
In fact, the way it works if the following:
They arrest you, you go to a comisaria and you spend the night with other people who are there for murder, robbery, kidnapping or watever. If you were so stupid to get arrested on friday evening, good luck until monday.

After that they take you to the judge. The judge will interrogate you and send you to a maximum security federal prision. It is known as Ezeiza. It is a paradize compared to the comisaria. However, dicipline is tight. There are different levels inside. If you are there for trying to traffic whatever you mentioned, nobody is going to respect you, so you are going to "lavar los tuppers" ("dish washing", Ladies work, so figure out what does it means).

So, if you are planning long term vacation at the shadow, I suggest you try to do something a little more profesional, at least they might respect you and you wont need to use skirts.

They don`t prosecute you using the anti drugs law, they use the anti contraband law because it is tricky and you will be more years inside.

About being arrested for having some fazos, it is the same. But if you are lucky the judge might agree with Supreme Court and after the interrogation he might release you. However, being al illegal alien is the best excuse to do not and you will be deported after some years when a citizen just signs a plea barbaining and goes home in a couple of hours (as you see, to became native has some very tiny advantages).

So, don`t be so susceptible. One of my clients was caught trying to traffic 10 kilos of cocaine so I am not speculating.

Regards

Back