Any Bikers Out There?

At Luján, you can pay tribute at the place where Pappo offed himself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappo

Gringoboy, how do you post a pic on here? I was going to post a pic of my bike but cant figure out how..

Han, I just post the Photobucket image link.
If you use another photo service like Tumblr or whatever, I imagine it's similar.
Dublin, I only took up with biking in 2009 as I found myself without wheels having sold a car.
Scared the hell out of me at first and then I realised I should have done this years ago.
I'm not really into huge crowds of bikers and standing in a car park or field showing off our bikes isn't my scene.
The bike's fallen over a couple of times, which has only served to make me more vigilant, especially in the rain.
It's going to have to be a Sunday as someone who really wants to do the trip (from an MC club) can only do it then.
Next or the following.

Pappo looks a mean dude!

Oh and before I forget.
There are four tolls on R2 before Chascomus, so it gets expensive at least for a car.
The first three are $2 bike and $6 car. The fourth is $26, but amazingly, is FREE for bikes.
How it warms my heart to sail through a toll without paying a cent.

Adri doesn't like bikes either and when I told her I'd put a deposit on a bike in 2009, it was one of those 'Sos loco??' moments.
Having said that, by some miracle and gentle persuasion, I managed to get her on the back of the bike for the first time on Saturday.
There is hope!

I think I killed the idea stone dead when I told her about the little crash on my lesson! In fairness I'd love to have a bike for Sunday spins and not much more. I wouldn't be interested in city traffic during the week from a blood pressure perspective mainly. I could probably swing the safety discussion but would lose out on the financial argument.

I've been riding for over three decades and have only ever gone down twice--both times in extremely slow moving traffic when some twit in a tall pickup truck failed to see me (and being boxed in, I couldn't perform an evasive maneuver). Fortunately, due to the very slow speeds involved, no injuries resulted.

As for spouses, my ex-wife of twenty years only ever got on the back if we were in a developing country, riding POS rental bikes on horrible roads, without safety gear (and probably uninsured to boot). Apparently she believed in some kind of traveler's immunity, because at home--on a perfectly maintained machine, on great roads and with a full complement of safety gear--she deemed it far too dangerous.

I can concur as the both times that I came off were in traffic at 10-15Kms/hr.
Making progress with the quest to Mr Crowhurst's landfall and found some interviews with local fishermen and customs officials who were there at the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gringoboy Travellers Stories 8
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
French jurist Expat Life 5
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
Back