Any Bikers Out There?

Ah great bike stories. ! I'm in my mid 60's soon. Had a few falling down or crash to be more descriptive. It all happened whilst in the heat of a race course on a racing at novice~intermediate level.
Being riding from my teens dating back to the good ol 60's! 90 c.c. to 125, to 250, all four cycle then the explosive powered two stroke triples with 500 c.c. it could do any wheelies at any gear at any speed. Then came the quatruple 750 then 900 all 4 cylinders. Then got me a Honda CBX 6 cylinders at 1000 c.c.
Now owning 2 Yamahas. R1 and YF450. So I have been very lucky in riding those bikes. The secret is, always be in defensive mode, be vigilant, read the traffic at all around you. Wish you guys a safe riding.
Viva motorcycling in Argentina !

Here is my scooter on the riverfront near Olivos..
I usually get out on the weekends and go towards San Antonio de Areco or Lujan, or somewhere like that for a lunch outside the city. If you guys want to go some weekend, I would be up for it..

photo_2_zpsb0e5242a.jpg

I know that spot in Olivos very well.
Welcome any time Han, if only we can keep up with you :)

I managed to track down the retired coastguard who assisted Donald Crowhurst on that day in 1969.
He now lives in La Plata.
Quite incredible really as I spoke to his son who must be about the same age as me.
He remembers the day and how his Mum gave the sailor some soup, even though he was a little boy at the time.
His Dad is well and away in another province till next year. I also sent him the video of his Dad's interview for the documentary, which he had never seen.
So, we're heading for Salado on Sunday, rain permitting.
Only two of us so far, but all are welcome.
Meeting up at the peaje, Dock Sur R2 at 0900 Sunday.
For me. the most important is to reach the creek where Mr Crowhurst dropped anchor and show respect for a man whose anguish can only be imagined.

Further reading reveals that Donald Crowhurst could speak good French and that the nearest French speakers 'were up the road' at Rancho Berreto, which in fact is not a grand ranch atall but a converted hen house on R11. From there the Salvati family sell, or used to sell,country produce to passing drivers.
Hector Salvati, an ex sergeant in the French Army, welcomed Mr Crowhurst and they chatted about his voyage in the company of his daughter and wife.
According to some maps, this place may well have grown and appears to still exist.
Naturally, the only way to confirm any of this is by being there.
Sunday should be interesting at the very least.

Changed meeting place to service station 4kms past the Dock Sur peaje, so we can stop for petrol, coffee etc.

Hann
I've fallen in love with that machine.
See if you can come............................

Changed meeting place to the YPF service station 6 Km on from the peaje as the Shell service station isn't actually on the motorway.

GB,
I am in Bolivia for a couple more weeks so I will have to miss out on anything you guys do this month but I will be in BA almost all of next month if you want to do something then.. I will be free pretty much every day then.
Keep safe and have a good ride.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gringoboy Travellers Stories 8
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
French jurist Expat Life 5
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
Back