Any Bikers Out There?

I would love to go see the Isle of Man in person.. I used to like speed and rode sport bikes when I was a youngster but now I would rather look good getting there. :)
I generally take it pretty easy, rarely over 120km/hr.

I used to like speed and rode sport bikes when I was a youngster but now I would rather look good getting there. :)

Heh, I've still got a sport bike--but no longer the reflexes of a 24-year old--so I travel at a more relaxed pace these days too. Hybrid's video did make me sad that I've already put her away for the winter though. :-(

Here is my scooter on the riverfront near Olivos..
I usually get out on the weekends and go towards San Antonio de Areco or Lujan, or somewhere like that for a lunch outside the city. If you guys want to go some weekend, I would be up for it..

photo_2_zpsb0e5242a.jpg

hannstew-san, rode my friend's harley, almost same looking as your hog! Whilst at red waiting for the light to turn green, the vibration felt between my legs was gently massgaing my huevos! No kidding, nice bike..Very affordable too, less than US$10K samely priced as the Yamaha star bolt pictured below.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/03/09/2014-yamaha-star-bolt-and-bolt-r-spec-first-look-review/

Heh, I've still got a sport bike--but no longer the reflexes of a 24-year old--so I travel at a more relaxed pace these days too. Hybrid's video did make me sad that I've already put her away for the winter though. :-(

Hey camino-san, me too, is way too cold for my old body to ride the R1's now days. But the good news is very soon the will be "spring is around the corner" ! I intend to do much wilderness riding on my YF 450 this winter waiting for the spring.

hannstew-san, rode my friend's harley, almost same looking as your hog! Whilst at red waiting for the light to turn green, the vibration felt between my legs was gently massgaing my huevos! No kidding, nice bike..Very affordable too, less than US$10K samely priced as the Yamaha star bolt pictured below.
http://www.cycleworl...st-look-review/
Thats a good looking Yamaha there..
When I put the back seat on and take the wife for a ride, she says that she has a "special relationship" with the bike. (the vibration) :wub:

Well, we had an excellent run down to the bay and finally the Rio Salado coastguard post.
We all met up at 0845 a little further on from the peaje/toll at Dock Sud
It was hot, very hot and the only way to keep cool, was to keep moving.
Most of us know the R2 to Mardel by now, so it was a pleasant change to hit a road less traveled, ie the R36.
Along the way we were joined by a lad with a beautiful Kawasaki Vulcan and later by some chaps with trail bikes.
The sign for the Rio Salado crept up on me pretty much unawares and before long we were parked outside the Prefectura gates ( a wooden farm gate) and being eyed curiously by a herd of cows.
It was a scene that made me realise how much I love being out in the countryside and all it's peaceful simplicity.
We managed to grab the attention of the head honcho who waved us in and I introduced myself, giving him a potted version of why we were there.
He couldn't have been more polite and friendly, offered us some cool bottles of water and was in no hurry to see us go. The place was so desolate that I don;t imagine they get many visitors there.
I took a few moments looking at the river and out to sea as a way of reminding myself why I was there, 44 years after Donald Crowhurst had chosen that spot. Not to mention the fate awaiting him later in the Atlantic.
It was in fact, the perfect place to make a secret landfall.
We then went 30 kms further south to Canal 15 for ham sandwiches and some serious male bonding and bike talk, finally hitting the road home at 1600.
I made sure everything valuable was wrapped in plastic bags, the shades had a liberal coating of Teflon and viewed the ever darkening sky with trepidation.
No need to worry though, as precisely five drops of rain hit my head all the way home, arriving at 2030.
Total 440 kms.

A few pics here:
http://s212.photobucket.com/user/rufinoman/library/Rio%20Salado

Well, we had an excellent run down to the bay and finally the Rio Salado coastguard post.

Glad to hear the scoot went so well. Compared with that interview clip on YouTube, it even looked like they threw a fresh coat of paint on the coastguard post in anticipation of your arrival. :)

Thanks for the report and photos ... really made me wish I'd been there!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gringoboy Travellers Stories 8
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
French jurist Expat Life 5
Gringoboy Expat Life 0
Back