Any opinions on health insurance, Eurosalud and Hopital Italiano?

You fit right in if you think Argentinian doctors and hospitals are the best in the world.

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The decline in deaths due to testicular cancer seen in the US and Canada over the last three decades has not reached all countries in the Americas and deaths from this relatively rare cancer remain unacceptably high in most Latin American countries, according to a report.
Testicular cancer is "one of the most curable (cancers) if adequate treatment is adopted," Dr. Paola Bertuccio from Milan's Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche "Mario Negri" noted in an email to Reuters Health.
SOURCE: Cancer, February 15, 2007.
http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSCOL15480820070321

Sorry I dont understand this man Paul who just critisize everything in Argentiina
Why you coming to this country if you think we are so unciviled?

I recently joined San Isidro Salud and have no complaints at all. In fact, dealing with insurace/doctors/hospitals here is much less of a hastle than in the states. Also, the level of care here does not appear to be any worse than anywhere else.

My friend was recently turned down for continous medical coverage under SWISS MEDICAL because of diabetes. Though not widely known, these medical business providers in BsAs cannot legally deny coverage for such medical conditions. Diabetics happens to the healthiest person but due to hereditary factors (poor diet practices is another source) they end up having it. This is an interesting case since, in the US it is unimaginable to even think Blue Cross, Kaiser Permanente or any other outfits deny medical coverage to anyone; it would equate to a multi- million dollar lawsuit and cases have been won by plaintiff on this. I am not sure what they will do about my friend's case.
Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth on this issue.
My friend was told that if you are healthy, SWISS MEDICAL would love to take you and your monthly payments; but if you have diabetes, ahh....
Just saying that's all.

"tanghetto" said:
Sorry I dont understand this man Paul who just critisize everything in Argentiina
Why you coming to this country if you think we are so unciviled?
Because it's great country if you are healthy and don't have to work in Argentina

"Grazie" said:
My friend was recently turned down for continous medical coverage under SWISS MEDICAL because of diabetes. Though not widely known, these medical business providers in BsAs cannot legally deny coverage for such medical conditions. Diabetics happens to the healthiest person but due to hereditary factors (poor diet practices is another source) they end up having it. This is an interesting case since, in the US it is unimaginable to even think Blue Cross, Kaiser Permanente or any other outfits deny medical coverage to anyone; it would equate to a multi- million dollar lawsuit and cases have been won by plaintiff on this. I am not sure what they will do about my friend's case.
Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth on this issue.
My friend was told that if you are healthy, SWISS MEDICAL would love to take you and your monthly payments; but if you have diabetes, ahh....
Just saying that's all.
Find a good lawyer and send them papers that you are going to sue them for a lot of money and see if they get scared.
If they are not, find another health insurance

Thanks for the input. I will be moving to Buenos Aires in July. I am 65 years of age and have Medicare in the US. I do have some preexisting conditions so I think it would be difficult to get insurance in Argentina. I will keep my Medicare for catistrophic illnesses. I guess I will have to pay cash for medical service that I may incurr in Argentina. Here in the US hospital care is enormosly expensive. Is any one familiar with the cost of hospitalization and doctor care in Argentina as compared to that in the US?

This question might be stupid...but...just so I know. I have Italian citizenship....can I go to Hospital Italiano without a plan? Thx.

Back