Anyone else having problems getting dollars in?

Maybe there are some people who don't have a "foreign account".

The same people who will get your money here for a small fee can solve that problem as well (for a slightly higher fee, perhaps, but still well worth it).

The problem is the inefficiency of the Argentine bank system requiring a 6-page document for EACH deposit and the delay to get the money.

Not to mention that you are forced to take the money in pesos, at the rate dictated from on high. While today the difference between the rate the bank give you and what you can get on the street is not huge, it’s still there, and once the K’s are back you can count on it being bigger (the day Macri took office it was over 60% IIRC).

Name one please.

That’s what DM is for.

Just a quick update for anyone who is interested. I managed to get my transfers approved by Galicia, but I had to bring the money in as a 'repatriación de fondos' because my clients paid me in my own bank account in the UK. It was a huge hassle, but at least I now know how to do it. (No help from Galicia at all, they were completely useless).

The big problem now is how big the brecha between the official dollar and the blue gets. I would hate to be bringing in all my hard-earned money via official channels only to be missing out on the blue dollar.

I wonder how many other people like me will be failing to declare all their income over the next few months and years…

Well, with you know who coming back, it’s a safe bet that at some point the official exchange rate will get frozen again! So, with the blu rate floating close to reality, yes, you could lose quite a bit in the not so distant future.

I don't know too much about these things, but I'm hoping that it won't be as bad as last time.

I remember the dollar being really 'planchado' back in 2014-15, it was terrible. I'm just hoping that this time the official rate at last keeps up with inflation (more or less). Surely if there is nothing left in the reserves to prop it up, they will have to let it devalue? I don't know if it works exactly like that.

Whatever happens, it will be worth having a few dollars available to sell at the blue rate.

I don't understand why you are not using cuevas to get the money from your externall bank account or from payooner, is a 1-4% fee depending on the cueva and amount to be tranfered and you get your money in dollars here. The cueva does as an intermediate between the companies trying to take out their money in dollars from the country and the companies or individuals that have dollars outside the country and try to get them in the country. So the money never actually moves in or out of the country really and you can get dollars.

Back