Anyone Going To The Bitcoin Conference Next Weekend In Bsas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome Dave ;) I'm about to do the same thing tomorrow (again lol) - I will be getting (yet again) BETTER than the blue rate and will have deposited (directly into my account here) enough money in pesos to pay the rent for the next three months - the advantage? Well, obviously, only about 50% percent or so is actually my money and the rest is the profit ;) Yes, I must be nuts doing this bitcoin thing - instead I'll use my overseas atm card for my overseas dollar account and take what I can get out of the local atm machines instead - at the so-called ''legal rate'' ;) lol BTW - it got to 1060 US today on mtgox and about 966 US on bitstamp - record high yet again - just imagine for those who bought in when it was only 2 dollars per bitcoin ;)

https://bitcointalk....p?topic=83794.0

I wonder which incompetent illegal exchange you are talking about.. but its a legit outfit in Cyprus..., just not regulated by any financial regulatory body.

in other news i told you you should have bought Litecoin.*
http://www.ltc-charts.com/

its going up uP UP!

http://www.dailydot....rrency-booming/

Hobo Nickels are next i tell ya! :lol:

*Don't buy litecoins they're as stupid and pointless as bitcoins

All you seem to do is criticize and talk about the negatives of bitcoin. Surely, any new disruptive technology is going to have its share of growing pains. What about the positive aspects and useful potential of bitcoin?

All you seem to do is criticize and talk about the negatives of bitcoin. Surely, any new disruptive technology is going to have its share of growing pains. What about the positive aspects and useful potential of bitcoin?

What positive aspects or useful potentials does bitcoin have?

On topic, I would like to go to the conference, not completely sure I will.
I am in Mendoza right now, and I don´t want to do the long bus trip to BA. I have already rode buses all the way from Lima to Mendoza just within about the last eight days. Getting on another bus is sure unappetizing.
Still, I´m looking at taking a bus to Cordoba and then the train into Retiro, which would be less taxing than riding a bus the whole way.
But before I get on the bus to Cordoba, I want to make sure the train is running (!) and that I´ll be able to get a seat on it. I emailed a query about ticket availability. I´m waiting for the answer.
As a side note, people criticize bitcoin for not being tied to anything with physical value. Insofar as I know, no currency in the world today is tied to anything with physical value.
Also, I would like to make a somewhat nerdy comment about charts. Arithmetically scaled price charts which scale over orders of magnitude are extremely misleading. Only the log scale makes sense.

As a side note, people criticize bitcoin for not being tied to anything with physical value. Insofar as I know, no currency in the world today is tied to anything with physical value.
Not as such, but every "official" currency issued in the world is at least backed by promise to pay from a government and gives value to that currency through the national product and relative stability of the government itself. Of course, that has its good and bad points...

On topic, I would like to go to the conference, not completely sure I will.
I am in Mendoza right now, and I don´t want to do the long bus trip to BA. I have already rode buses all the way from Lima to Mendoza just within about the last eight days. Getting on another bus is sure unappetizing.
Still, I´m looking at taking a bus to Cordoba and then the train into Retiro, which would be less taxing than riding a bus the whole way.
But before I get on the bus to Cordoba, I want to make sure the train is running (!) and that I´ll be able to get a seat on it. I emailed a query about ticket availability. I´m waiting for the answer.
Also, I would like to make a somewhat nerdy comment about charts. Arithmetically scaled price charts which scale over orders of magnitude are extremely misleading. Only the log scale makes sense.

Bitcoins have about the same long-term potential as Argentina's present long-distance train system.

What positive aspects or useful potentials does bitcoin have?

Surely it is not necessary for me to detail its potential benefits as these are readily apparent. Given that it appears as if you have read rather extensively on the subject, these should be obvious. Unless of course, your viewpoint is only capable of seeing things as either black or white. In which case, you will continue to see bitcoin as you choose to see it and nothing to the contrary will change your mind.

As we know however most things in life are not black or white but rather a shade of grey.

Surely it is not necessary for me to detail its potential benefits as these are readily apparent. Given that it appears as if you have read rather extensively on the subject, these should be obvious. Unless of course, your viewpoint is only capable of seeing things as either black or white. In which case, you will continue to see bitcoin as you choose to see it and nothing to the contrary will change your mind.

As we know however most things in life are not black or white but rather a shade of grey.

Scams have no shades of grey.

Talking about scams - bitcoin (this morning) has reached another record high - 982 US dollars for one on bitstamp and 1111 US dollars on mtgox - think I might have to trade two units of this scam to make (this morning, at the current rate) a 900 dollar profit :) Gods these scams are good aren't they ? :) lol

PS Bitcoin is the currency of the future - here today - and it *is* here right now - so we might as well get used to it :) lol (And call me crazy, but WHY not also *benefit* from that fact ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back