Anyone Going To The Bitcoin Conference Next Weekend In Bsas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be of interest: http://bitcoinviews.com/bitcoin-101-blackboard-why-bitcoins-growth-is-normal-the-s-curves-you-could-never-see/

Talking about scams - bitcoin (this morning) has reached another record high - 982 US dollars for one on bitstamp and 1111 US dollars on mtgox - think I might have to trade two units of this scam to make (this morning, at the current rate) a 900 dollar profit :) Gods these scams are good aren't they ? :) lol

There are two types of people in the bitcoin world: scammers and victims.

PS Bitcoin is the currency of the future - here today - and it *is* here right now - so we might as well get used to it :) lol (And call me crazy, but WHY not also *benefit* from that fact ? :)
Crazy like a fox... we´ll have to start calling you Zorro.
You´ll wear a mask and go slashing a big Z on everybody´s chest with your sword.
The new bitcoin superhero.
Edit: you´ll slash the bitcoin symbol on the other guy.
You could have a fight with a guy in a cape with the dollar symbol on his leotard top.
I´m listening to the "s curve" video while I type.
The s curve is also called the logistic curve, which is simply the tanh (hyperbolic tangent) moved and scaled.

Look at the "previous post" in your link!! "BIPS Bitcoin exchange cleaned out in $990K virtual heist"

Continuing my research, someone told me this morning that they have been quoted "several months" by mtgox as the amount of time required to get there money out?

How are the traders here getting money in & out?

These are unregulated as mentioned previously so you are not protected.

Is Litecoin any better in this respect? Can you get your money out any quicker?

Look at the "previous post" in your link!! "BIPS Bitcoin exchange cleaned out in $990K virtual heist"

Continuing my research, someone told me this morning that they have been quoted "several months" by mtgox as the amount of time required to get there money out?

How are the traders here getting money in & out?

These are unregulated as mentioned previously so you are not protected.

Is Litecoin any better in this respect? Can you get your money out any quicker?

Mt Gox is notoriously slow to get money out which is why the price is high. Coinbase takes 2-3 business days to arrive in your US account. Localbitcoins is another method. As I mentioned before, there are numerous exchanges now. Vault of Satoshi in Canada seems to be promising.

Mt Gox is notoriously slow to get money out which is why the price is high. Coinbase takes 2-3 business days to arrive in your US account. Localbitcoins is another method. As I mentioned before, there are numerous exchanges now. Vault of Satoshi in Canada seems to be promising.

Thanks, any of them accessible in local pesos, I could experiment there, not feeling brash enough to mess with my euros or dollars.

Any experience with Litecoin?

@d2ba: If you've still got money in any of your irish accounts, I've bought btc off this guy without issue. pm me if you want any further details.
And regarding litecoin, it's rising a lot quicker than btc at the moment (for the last few days). Highly unstable though (and that's *relative to* bitcoin, so consider it unstable squared!).

As Sleuth said above localbitcoins if you want to trade locally (with an actual person) - never done this myself though.

I do, and it's a bit of a pain to be honest bricky, left lots of Euro's with AIB. Managing AIB and things like card upgrades it's a bit of a logistical pain, so 95% of it will have to go to a bank in Uruguay, however, if I was sure I could turn the rest into bitcoins, litecoins (whichever), sell them for dollars, I would.

I know that is pretty despised in the coin communities, treating these pseudo currencies as vehicle for value transfer, but in our particular circumstances if I can multiply value via a rising currency and blue dollar, then I will !

Of course, this all relies on the quickest method to cash in / cash out. Similarly so I have ARG pesos with which I would accept a certain amount of speculatory risk, again...all based on the ability to get in and out.

Still feeling my way through, but thanks for your comments.

Surely it is not necessary for me to detail its potential benefits as these are readily apparent. Given that it appears as if you have read rather extensively on the subject, these should be obvious. Unless of course, your viewpoint is only capable of seeing things as either black or white. In which case, you will continue to see bitcoin as you choose to see it and nothing to the contrary will change your mind.

As we know however most things in life are not black or white but rather a shade of grey.
instant transmission and no fees?

you should check out the European banking system. You just need the US Gov to force the ancient yank system to update.

(Bitcoin isn't instant and it has fees, in fact it is designed to run on fees only once the rewards run out)

Anonymous?

Sorry no, you can track all transactions throughout the complete history of bitcoin.

No chargebacks?

How is this a feature? We have no protection for the consumer! wooo hooo!

Decentralized?

The mining game is a rich mans game now, you need expensive pointless hardware now to complete simple equations over and over again wasting a lot of electricity in the meantime.
Bitcoin can't scale to any levels required to be a mainstream payment system.

Assuming that the Bitcoin wiki is a source anyone would trust, the average transaction size is about half a kilobyte.

Visa alone covers 150 million transactions per day; if those transactions were all paid for using Bitcoin, that would be 71.5 gigabytes a day, or 25.5 terabytes per year—again, just for one payment processor: this isn't considering Mastercard, cash, checks, paypal, paychecks, allowance money, wire transfers, etc.

And remember, in an ideal bitcoin future, everyone has a copy of the blockchain in their possession. Bitcoin is supposed to be, and is touted to be, a decentralized currency, but unless it somehow becomes easy fort the average person to obtain dozens of terabytes worth of data storage every year, it fundamentally cannot satisfy that democratic / decentralized ideal, AND eclipse even one of the global players in payment processing.

This is if it can rise about the theoretical 7 transactions per second, or 604,800 transactions per day and the protocol change doesn't cause a blockchain split.

bitcoin has numerous fatal technical flaws that are continually glossed over by both its advocates and the media that repeats their claims, and anyone who invests in it should have no greater hope than to make some money from it before the whole thing collapses

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1rnd58/just_lost_96301_btc_due_to_virusbugbackdoor_in/

I remember that time I lost my debit card and completely lost my life savings because all my money was encrypted on the card.

Just kidding, that would be completely retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back