Anyone Going To The World Cup?

The Nederlanders are on a roll. Yesterday their women's hockey team beat Las Leonas 4-0, and nobody, but nobody shuts down Las Leonas like that*. Granted Luciana Aymar was playing hurt, but still. It's a damn shame, too. This is rumored to be her last Hockey World Cup.

*Actually, The Netherlands shut down Las Leonas 1-0 in their first world cup appearance back in 1974

Holland and Argentina have been fighting eachother in at least semi-finals for as long as i can remember. It was fun to be in Amsterdam tonight though, people had very low expectations of this team in general and against Spain particularly, so this was a better revenge than anyone couldve imagined.

2eTRpfy.jpg

Good to see two former Hearts players Ryan McGowan and Mauricio Pinilla swap shirts at the end of the match there. :lol:

Sadly, I had to miss the Chile - Australia match, but by all accounts it sounded like a great match. A good day of football, but I'm sure ajoknownothing will be along to try to rain on our parade.

Sadly, I had to miss the Chile - Australia match, but by all accounts it sounded like a great match. A good day of football, but I'm sure ajoknownothing will be along to try to rain on our parade.

So, you didn't manage to stay awake, then. Soccer > Ambien!

It has been said, Team(s) whom wins first matches has a 88.8% chance of making it to the semi-finals..?
If not dwindled down to misery 10.2% according to the stats.
So go Japan! You have to win against the Cote D'Ivore,now don't fu** it up !!

You can be rest assured any mention of futbol/soccer ajo will pop up to remind us how much he hates it. We get it already!!

I do not hate soccer, which merely bores me. The soccer evangelists, though, are the Jehovah's Witnesses of the sports world.

Back