Anyone Received A Package From Abroad In Last 2-3 Weeks?

Churchill

Registered
Just wondering if things are still as they were or whether anyone has received anything to their door?

I wish I could say yes but I still haven't asked anyone to send anything.
The government hasn't exactly clarified this yet IE, the matter of personal imports.

I had my bank send me a new debit card via DHL in early January, took only a few days. However, I told the maker of some luggage which they were going to replace to wait until I returned to the U.S. in April, as they were going to send via the United States Postal Service and I didn't want to risk it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did received a book from Amazon at my door last week

Hi, can you give out the specifics. eg cost of the book + approximate weight ( hard cover or paper back) and exact shipping charges?

Recently was in Uk..filled up a suitcase full of books ( 35 odd) to read. Its safer to carry like this until the problem with Argentina mail/customs.

How has people's experiences been with shipping out of the country? I suppose there shouldn't be a customs issue, but is there a good chance it might get stolen?

Did Amazon actually send the book to you here? In the past, Argentina was not on their list. Also, some details please. How much, how long?

T/

I just tested the checkout process on amazon for a book, Argentine addresses are fine, but the only shipping options I was given were $30 for international post no tracking and $50 for international courier (2-6 day quoted delivery time). You're asked for a CUIL when entering your address but it isn't required. I didn't complete the process but it looks like they are set up for it at least.

Back