Are The Price Increases Affecting You?

I'm curious. Are there any big corporations that have multiple retail outlets that you don't consider evil or do they all fit this equation?

All of them, albeit some more than others, and by no means do I limit this opinion to retail. Monsanto is among the most evil corporations on planet Earth.

The basic problem is that the corporate structure virtually mandates unethical behavior, and destructively short term thinking.

All of them, albeit some more than others, and by no means do I limit this opinion to retail. Monsanto is among the most evil corporations on planet Earth.

The basic problem is that the corporate structure virtually mandates unethical behavior, and destructively short term thinking.

So, by definition, all corporations are inherently evil?

Even family owned Argentine business are often unethical in behavior. That doesn't necessarily just apply to big corporations. We're ranting about the price of bananas and meat, but that's just small potatoes. The real problem is the constant increase in health insurance, rent, price of cars, and taxes. My friend has to pay $10,000 US to fix the roof of her house in Benavidez.

All politicians, albeit some more than others, and by no means do I limit this opinion to left wing politicians. Right wing politicians are among the most evil politicians on planet Earth.

The basic problem is that the political structure virtually mandates unethical behavior, and destructively short term thinking.

The difference is I don't have to go to Starbucks - but in terms of governmental actions, I have no choice - it's a monopoly. An the most heinous acts have been committed by governments - not corporations, e.g. Great Leap Forward, Holocaust, Vietnam War, Iraq War, genocides from time immemorial ...

Now these governments are playing their games in the Ukraine and people are dying, again... Same BS over and over ...

Even family owned Argentine business are often unethical in behavior. That doesn't necessarily just apply to big corporations. We're ranting about the price of bananas and meat, but that's just small potatoes. The real problem is the constant increase in health insurance, rent, price of cars, and taxes. My friend has to pay $10,000 US to fix the roof of her house in Benavidez.

What does the price of cars have to do with her roof? How does her roof compare to others in the area? US$10,000 is just a number, not necessarily unfair. Did she get multiple bids?

I'll stick with what I just said.

I was wondering if you consider non-profit corporations evil...such as the American Red Cross or the NAACP (among many others).

Could it be the profit motive that "virtually mandates unethical behavior, and destructively short term thinking" as opposed to the "corporate structure" itself?

Back