Argentina Cancel Its Participation On The Cruzex (Again)

Camberiu, I wasnt talking of this event in particular, but of the no investing in weapons in general, it was a respond to the crappy planes purchase.

they still "invested" in the crappy inefficient useless planes, that isn't no investment.

Argentina could also do with an airforce and navy to protect its sea from the hordes of fishing boats raping its resources.

Matiasba, I 100% respect your position against killing. Regarding your point that if someone attacks Argentina help can always come from your neighbors is a bit self-serving. It's like expecting your friends to always pay for dinner. On the other hand, what if one of your neighbors gets attacked and calls Argentina for help but they can't get their jets off the ground? What good are you as a neighbor?

Good point, but theres an entire region to deffend, so an attack would not be to a country, but to the region. I agree that it must be with similar invests shared on all the region, but for example, because of the position Brazil got in the last 10 years in world economy, in the region, as a Brics member, etc, it is normal that they spend a lot of more money than lets say, Peru, Uruguay and Argentina (talking about percentage of GDP). So in some ways its natural to depend on Brazil. I think we would all call Brazil if something happen. And its OK to stop giving arms to militars, as I said they violated human rights and did not respect the constitution for several decades because of the money spent for them.

they still "invested" in the crappy inefficient useless planes, that isn't no investment.

Argentina could also do with an airforce and navy to protect its sea from the hordes of fishing boats raping its resources.

agree, they do invest some money, of course its not ZERO, but it is insignificant to the numbers of the country, or at least to what is it used to be.

about the fishing, theres prefectura, they do that indeed, I think you dont need that much to kick them out, you dont need weapons for that.

agree, they do invest some money, of course its not ZERO, but it is insignificant to the numbers of the country, or at least to what is it used to be.

about the fishing, theres prefectura, they do that indeed, I think you dont need that much to kick them out, you dont need weapons for that.

you don't need weapons but you do need planes and boats...

So in some ways its natural to depend on Brazil. I think we would all call Brazil if something happen.

So when did Argentina become a colony of Brazil? WTF is going on? Why is it "natural" to depend on Brazil? You do realize that Brazilian military is for Brazil's interests? And that the Brazilian people don't pay taxes so their military is forever at the ready in case Argentina ever gets in trouble?

So when did Argentina become a colony of Brazil? WTF is going on? Why is it "natural" to depend on Brazil? You do realize that Brazilian military is for Brazil's interests? And that the Brazilian people don't pay taxes so their military is forever at the ready in case Argentina ever gets in trouble?

Actually Brazil wanted a much tighter military alliance with Argentina. Up to 2002, military exercises and exchanges between the two countries were very common. The Argentine NAVY pilots would frequently train aboard the Brazilian aircraft carrier Sao Paulo. Brazil even envisioned an Argentine Navy airwing detached to permanently operate on the Sao Paulo, making the ship the world's first bi-national aircraft carrier. It was to be a symbol of the political, economic and military integration of the MERCOSUR. When the "K" came to power everything imploded. Argentina has become more isolated every year, it no longer participates on local military exercises and it is letting MERCOSUR fall apart. The video bellow is from ARAEX 2002, the last large scale naval exercise between Brazil and Argentina. It is from forgone days when Brazil dreamed of a closer alliance with Argentina.

So when did Argentina become a colony of Brazil? WTF is going on? Why is it "natural" to depend on Brazil? You do realize that Brazilian military is for Brazil's interests? And tha
you don't need weapons but you do need planes and boats...
Right.

And imposing import barriers to Brazilian products and not showing up at the Cruzex are great ways to ensure that Brazil will come when called. :rolleyes:

t the Brazilian people don't pay taxes so their military is forever at the ready in case Argentina ever gets in trouble?

ejcot, I think that prefectura and all that is fine, from what I know theres no invested needed there, only to mantein what we have.
camberiu: in commerce is another thing, thats commercial, what I talked about its politics, or geopolitics. And as I said I was not talking of this event, I think cooperation is ok.
nico, it is natural to relay on Brazil as a lot of countries do with the US, or with Russia, or with China. If theres a powerhouse, a country that absorbes a lot of resources from neighbours... if you want to lead a region, you have to accept that role, I think.

nico, it is natural to relay on Brazil as a lot of countries do with the US, or with Russia, or with China. If theres a powerhouse, a country that absorbes a lot of resources from neighbours... if you want to lead a region, you have to accept that role, I think.

So US, Russia or China need to come protect other countries and when they do the whole world starts whining. Weird.

Secondly, none of these countries would do a thing if it wasn't in their best interests (theoretically). You were talking about the "real world" in another thread. Its the same with Brazil coming for Argentina's aid. Its only going to happen if its in the interests of Brazil, not on a humanitarian basis. Let's get real. Brazilians don't send their young to the military so they'd die for Argentina's cause. Or replace these names with any other country's name.

Like Camberiu said:

And imposing import barriers to Brazilian products and not showing up at the Cruzex are great ways to ensure that Brazil will come when called.

Its a two-way street. Lately Argentina wants everyone to worry about Argentina's interests. Last time I checked, Argentina wasn't the most important country in the world that everyone loved and wanted to protect.

Let's get real here.

So US, Russia or China need to come protect other countries and when they do the whole world starts whining. Weird.

Secondly, none of these countries would do a thing if it wasn't in their best interests (theoretically). You were talking about the "real world" in another thread. Its the same with Brazil coming for Argentina's aid. Its only going to happen if its in the interests of Brazil, not on a humanitarian basis. Let's get real. Brazilians don't send their young to the military so they'd die for Argentina's cause. Or replace these names with any other country's name.

I think the whining is when the Us attacks some country with poor reasons. Like Lybia. Or Irak. Thats very different of defending against an agression, like WWII, thats a good example on how countries relay on others, like some small european countries relied in the allies.

second: they wont help Argentina with humanitarian reasons, no one says that, they would help Argentina because as I said before is heavily connected, there are lots of interests, politically, economically, even culturally, lots of bussiness, military strategic + not having a new neighbour to deal with. there are lots of reasons to repell an agression for Brazil, and lots of pacts ratified.

Back