Argentina Cancel Its Participation On The Cruzex (Again)

And yet, Dilma was TORTURED by the military back then and even she understands that the officers and soldiers of today have nothing to do with that happened during the dictatorship. And that this kind of petty revenge goes leads to nowhere.

agree, but maybe the same difference we have with the bourgoise we have it with militars.
There was indeed a sector of the militars that were nacional and popular and supported Peron. In fact he was a militar himself. But they disappeared, they were erased by the last two dictatorships, and the Fuerzas Armadas were totally cooptated by the US embassy and their policies.

Dude, Brazil invited Argentina to join the Nuclear submarine program. Brazil invited Argentina to share the aircraft carrier. Brazil has repeatedly tried to build an aerospace industry in partnership with Argentina. Brazil invited Argentina to be part of the CRUZEX and ARAEX. And it gets snubbed every time. We try to put Brazil and Argentina as equals, but it seems that your minds can't accept that.

nono, I said I like cooperation, but as an economic actor in the region, politically also, with the weight one country and another have in the world, they just cant be compared.

They did it because the people who govern today is the oposite of the militars, and its economic policies, and its ideology, and they way they did govern, by force. The people who govern today is in many ways oposed to the militars, they were chased under dictatorship and today they are in power and dislike the miitars.

The problem is that many Argentines put "Military" and "Military Dictatorship" in the same category - it seems you are, too. It is reactionary and therefore politically favorable to do so.

The problem is that many Argentines put "Military" and "Military Dictatorship" in the same category - it seems you are, too. It is reactionary and therefore politically favorable to do so.

But there were no militars who defended the constitution, they were all anti democratic, the dictatorships before the last one, also called "dictablandas" were too antidemocratic and prohibited a party, just picture, how can you prohibit a party, which its leaders, its ideas, etc?

Look, I called out Argentina's frivolous purchase of old jets from Spain especially when there is so many other sectors of the economy that need investing (i.e. trains not killing people on them/near them/etc.) but I do believe a nation should have a military, albeit a petit one. I fully support shrinking the US Military too since we have to try and still learn from the last respectable Republican, Ike, about the woes of the Military Industrial Complex, but I believe every country needs a strong enough military to defend it's self but not large enough to invade and conquer.

The idea behind joint military exercises is a good one, there's no better notion of trust besides open borders than flying in formation with your neighboring nations or sailing the seas on a shared air craft carrier (i.e. your planes, your neighbor's vessel). It's like having a friend on your street you give a spare key to incase you forget yours inside the office or lose them and they do the same. Sadly, on this front, and almost every other Argentina thinks it can keep up the WW2 isolationist, zealous protectionist system it had then in 2013 but economics and globalization will show just how wrong the Perónists are...

I am so sick and tired of Argentines thinking that every single person in a uniform is sent from hell to torture young inocent people. Wake up!!!!! Every single member of the military has the same virtues and faults as any other member of the society where she/he comes from.. nothing more, nothing less. They don't come from a far away galaxy, they come form the same villas, pueblos, or big cities as any other person. Rich and poor, honest and liar, moreno and white, catholic and atheist.
I just think it's so closed minded to pretend that a newly graduated leutenant or corporal, born in 1993, has the same set of ideas of a 1970's General (who's probably already dead)...
:angry: :mad:

Hello to all,

I am Brazilian, and I want to make clear that I am a big fan of the brave pilots and armed argentina.
But I'm sad to know that increasingly the government does not open his eyes to the economy and too little to the bulk of the armed forces.
CRUZEX is strategically important for all of us, with respect to peace and doctrinal developments.

Peace to all.!

Truth and reconciliation only worthwhile when it is a 2 way street, not a victory parade down one side of the street while the losers look on.

Brazil has made a significantly better job of reconciliation than Argentina. I don't really know why.

Truth and reconciliation only worthwhile when it is a 2 way street, not a victory parade down one side of the street while the losers look on.

Brazil has made a significantly better job of reconciliation than Argentina. I don't really know why.

Brazil militars were trully nationalistic. What they did, their dictatorships, did work in a lot of aspects, economically, for instance. Their desaparecidos cant be compared in any way to what happened here. (In quality and in quantity). Maybe thats why.

Brazil militars were trully nationalistic. What they did, their dictatorships, did work in a lot of aspects, economically, for instance.

Matias, I really don't know where you get your information. The military rule between 1964-85 brought an unmitigated economic disaster. The Brazilian foreign debt, which in 1964 was US$2.5 billion exploded to over US$230 billion by 1985. When the military left the government in 1985, inflation was at a staggering 250% a year and the economy was in full contraction.

The only thing that I agree with you is that the Brazilian military rule was relatively mild when compared to that of Argentina. The number of people who "disappeared" during the military rule in Brazil were in the hundreds. In Argentina it was tens of thousands.

Back