Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ndcj said:
Yeah, it's somewhat odd. Anyway, my other citizenship cannot be renounced except on the right form and by paying a fee and appearing before a consular officer.

Maybe Bajo_cero2 might have some advice on this, whether it might cause any problems down the road?

The La Plata´s chamber is one of the 2 best of the country, that´s why they don´t ask for legal residency.

However, this form should be update because you don´t have to quit your citizenship, so, when you fill this form, you just cross out this.
Regards

Update:

Last week I started to push the envelope again.
I claim in over 70 cases at the same time:
a. You don´t need to know the languaje;
b. I asked precaria residency while the citizenship procedure goes on.

Meanwhile I had 3 new judges, the most conservative ones.

One of them was very nasty at the beggining until he read the 70 pages paper I present when I start a case. I have the most difficult case with him because it was about a chinese citizen who doesn´t speak Spanih and got into the country illegaly. Last week I was talking with him and he changed his attitude 180 degrees. We´ll see.

The other judge said that the procedure is without a lawyer, lawyers are forbidden and rejected my paper. After that he required my client all the requirements of the abolished law: DNI, legal work, to speak and read spanish, to know the National Constitution, FBI record apostilled and translated, the same about the birth certificate, among others. So yesterday I appealed.

There was another were I was debating with the Secretary for one our replying "abolished, abolished, abolished" to all the requirements she asked until she said you are saying we have no idea about law". I reply, Supreme Court said it in "Ni I-Hsing". She was shocked. So, I asked her to give the case to the judge, that only he should deal with this. I asked a revocatoria (it is like an appeal but to the same judge, not to the chamber), I asked the judge to change his mind in 15 topics.
One month later he granted me with all the changes I asked.

But, all the other judges are working better.

50% of the judges are prvinding the reports in less that 1 months, the record was the 3 days specified at the law, I was shocked.

So, now, I can avoid those judges who are conflitive because when you start a case with an attorney, he can banned the judges he doesn´t like only once. But, if in the new lottery you get a judge you don´t like, sorry.

Regarding permatourist who go to Colonia, they should read this brand new precedent:
http://www.cij.gov.ar/nota-7044-Fallo-de-Camara-asegura-que--ningun-ser-humano-es-ilegal-.html

You have as PDF the whole precedent were the chamber explains that:
1. There is not such a thing as illegals;
2. You are irregular, it means you cannot have legal work or to have a room at a hotel and that´s it;
3. You cannot been arrested until the deportation order is enacted;
4. When you leave the country you lose the protection of the 14 and 20 of the CN.

Regarding a balance of the experience of the last 10 months, I have about 70 cases. 50 of them with the reports provided. 4 of them at the chamber and 16 too new to have the reports or they are delayed because my clients didn´t come to sign some papers (the cases I wn at the chamber).

Regards

I just had to bump up this thread since I am working on gaining a long term citizenship here ..... everything is working like a charm so far.. still have a couple more steps.. but I am working with bajo_cero2 who is an attorney.. and knows the system. I will write when it is final....
This may not be for everyone to bother with... but it does look very possible.... and anyone who wants to look into gaining a Citizenship in Argentina they should drop the guy a PM....

Just a few rather simplistic queries about citizenship. I wonder if anyone could help me (apologies if these issues have been addressed/answered before but I can't seem to find an answer):

How does one go about living (and working, freelance in my personal case) in Argentina for two years (in terms of rights, paying taxes, having ID, arranging contracts/services and so on) i.e. "Tener dos años de residencia ininterrumpida y documentada en el país, certificada por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones"... without having a visa, which I understand it would be impossible to obtain without a work contract with an employer in the country...?

Is it possible to stay (and work!) two years on a tourist visa, paying for the extensions and then apply for citizenship...? Is this process very costly?

Chris_Porto said:
How does one go about living (and working, freelance in my personal case) in Argentina for two years (in terms of rights, paying taxes, having ID, arranging contracts/services and so on) i.e.

1. Rights: you have full civil rights just for being living here, sometimes is easier, some times is more difficult to enforce them.
2. You don´t pay taxes meanwhile you are not regular.
3. Your passport is enough.
4. You can do contracts with your passport.

Chris_Porto said:
"Tener dos años de residencia ininterrumpida y documentada en el país, certificada por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones"

Somebody invented this requirement. I searched on the internet and seems that there is a genious advicing people at Yahoo...
The uninterruptus residence is a requirement abolished related to the decrete of the 19th of december of 1931.
The residency certified by Migraciones is related to law 21.795 abolished in 1983.

Chris_Porto said:
... without having a visa, which I understand it would be impossible to obtain without a work contract with an employer in the country...?

The immigration law has a bad legal technique because it confuses visas with residency permision. In the US this is clearer, you have your visa and the green card.

Just a few countries needs Visa, i.e. China.
Once you are in Argentinian Territory you can work under the table.

Chris_Porto said:
Is it possible to stay (and work!) two years on a tourist visa, paying for the extensions and then apply for citizenship...? Is this process very costly?

You need only one year before to apply for citizenship. You need the two years for being granted with citizenship (the process take between 1 up to 2 years). Once you apply for citizenship, you can apply for legal residency (precaria) based on your regularization through the citizenship process.

The procedure is for free, you don´t need to pay any fee to the Justice or the State, you have to pay only the edicts that costs from 180 up to 2000 pesos.

However, the description I made is related to the way I litigate citizenship cases. If you do it without my legal advice the requirements are the ones you can see at arca´s website.

Regarding costs, depends on the facts of the case (difficulty).

Regards

SaraSara said:
That's absolute nonsense - you should think twice before posting ill-informed opinions and hearsay as facts. Misinformation on this subject could do a great deal of harm.

As I said, I went all the way up the chain at the State Department to get an answer to that question. Talked to several officials and was put through to the head of the department dealing with such issues. I requested, and got, a letter confirming that the only way to lose citizenship is to formally renounce it in a written statement sworn before the proper authorities.

A great deal of harm? Anyone who risks their US citizenship based soley on advice taken from this internet forum, if not deserves harm is clearly asking for it.

Mitch said:
A great deal of harm? Anyone who risks their US citizenship based soley on advice taken from this internet forum, if not deserves harm is clearly asking for it.

What are you posting about Mitch? Do you even know anything about what it is you are posting about?

Educate yourself... the people in these forums are not ignorant uneducated folks blathering about citizenships based on diss information and general ideas. Most of those interested in this have studied it out I am sure. Dual citizenship between the US and Argentina and in fact many other countries is prefectly legal and accepted.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

tomdesigns said:
What are you posting about Mitch? Do you even know anything about what it is you are posting about?

Educate yourself... the people in these forums are not ignorant uneducated folks blathering about citizenships based on diss information and general ideas. Most of those interested in this have studied it out I am sure. Dual citizenship between the US and Argentina and in fact many other countries is prefectly legal and accepted.

PS: Whats "diss" information?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

Tommy, are you kooky? Are you roiding and looking for a fight? You are ranting about what is legal and accepted, I said nothing to the contrary, or even related to that comment. Calm down and maybe you can answer intelligently without attributing words and thoughts to other people that are not theirs.

Again, I never said or implied the people on this forum were anything of the things you described. I said if someone chances their citizenship soley based on information from here they are as simple as you seem to be, and deserve the Phillip Nolan treatment.

PS. What is "diss" information? Next picture, put on the dunce cap on top of sucking your thumb. Your tatoos and your bottles of Jack Daniels don´t do a thing for me, you are out of your leauge here.

Did you not say?

A great deal of harm? Anyone who risks their US citizenship based soley on advice taken from this internet forum..

Lets explore this..

A great deal of harm...

Risk loosing citizenship...

Both of these statements are indeed based on a lack of information and carry no basis in fact or reality.

Further both of the above mentioned results can not result from obtaining a dual citizenship with Argentina or many other nations.. which has been clearly and abundantly spelled out in this thread and others in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back