Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch said:
Tommy, are you kooky? Are you roiding and looking for a fight? You are ranting about what is legal and accepted, I said nothing to the contrary, or even related to that comment. Calm down and maybe you can answer intelligently without attributing words and thoughts to other people that are not theirs.

Again, I never said or implied the people on this forum were anything of the things you described. I said if someone chances their citizenship soley based on information from here they are as simple as you seem to be, and deserve the Phillip Nolan treatment.

PS. What is "diss" information? Next picture, put on the dunce cap on top of sucking your thumb. Your tatoos and your bottles of Jack Daniels don´t do a thing for me, you are out of your leauge here.

Oh... and as far as the roiding, JD, tattoos, looking for fights, putting on a dunce cap and sucking my thumb are concerned.. I am going to pretend you DID'NT post that. All of which are also based in miss information, well atleast partial miss information anyway :cool:.

"Miss information"? If "miss" information got married would she be a Mrs.? What would happen if you did not pretend and admitted that I stated those things? I gave no opinons on the validity of anyone else´s comments. So your offerings about dual citizenship are coming out of left field. Note to tough guy: I did not read a fraction of the posts on this thread, I just tried to advise not to replace a lawyer or your own work with only what you read on here. How did a world beater like yourself wind up in corrientes?

iv been going to buenos aires every year for the last 6 years ,for a month at a time ,and am thinking of setting up there for good...as im fed up living where i am and i am very close to someone living there....how can i make it work....Steve i ask your advice a you seem to know your stuff....

To Bajo_Cero2 - I would like to get in touch with you privately but for some reason I don't seem to be able to email you using this website. Could you email me at [email protected] so I can contact you?

Thanks
La Fleur

Update:

Today I went to the chamber and I was notified that I won another appeal.
T
his one was great because the chamber was very hard with the judge and he prosecutor because the judges said that they were not enforcing the law. I am going to use this precedent to start an administrative case against the prosecutor because his duty is to control that the judges enforces the valid law but he is enforcing the abolished law.

The chamber had a precedent that says judges have broad freedom to assess evidence. But as far as they were using this precedent to request insane requirements like DNI or CUIT to an irregular (perma-tourist), they changed the precedent adding that judges must use this freedom to assess the evidence being razonable, subsuming the facts to the law in order to enforce the National Constitution.

They also said that the judge cannot decide nothing before all the oficios are aswered.

Judges used to stop the reports until they approve the case. Many times they asked for unreasonable requirements and I had to appeal. This makes the process very slow.

With this new standard, the process should take more than 7 months while before, they used to take 7 months to provide the oficios.

Regards

A lawyer told me that to obtain the Argentine citizenship I have to renounce the original one, with means that supposedly I can't have a double citizenship. Is that true? Anybody Knows?

I cana't believe this is from March 2010 and unanswered. But I'll answer. Maybe someone else will see the question and need an answer. No, the U.S. will definitely not revoke your US citizenship. Dual citizenship is perfectly legal. In fact, it's quite a project to get rid of U.S. citizenship if you decide you want to. So you'll be okay.

arlean said:
I cana't believe this is from March 2010 and unanswered. But I'll answer. Maybe someone else will see the question and need an answer. No, the U.S. will definitely not revoke your US citizenship. Dual citizenship is perfectly legal. In fact, it's quite a project to get rid of U.S. citizenship if you decide you want to. So you'll be okay.

As Tom posted on 7/11/11 (with a link to additional information):

tomdesigns said:
Dual citizenship between the US and Argentina and in fact many other countries is prefectly legal and accepted.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

gunt86 said:
make yourself fit the existing government accepted requirements

^ I work at sea so 2 years continuous being in the country is not possible for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back