Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
elclandestino said:
Need to travel overseas soon. But, if I can travel while my application pending, then no need to do that.

Travelling abroad shouldn t be a problem.
I suggest to apply at your real address because it might take some time.
They send police to double check the address is not fake, and police talk with neighbords too.
Capital Federal is complicated, there are some good judges and some others where your application will last for ever.
Do you have DNI? What do you do for living?
I suggest you take a look to this www.rubilar.com.ar
Regards

mhenna11 said:
I am reading this now, I am getting scared. My husband was born in Ohio and then his parents moved them back to Argentina when he was 5. He has a US Passport and an Argentine one. Now the reason I am not legal yet, is because my husband is trying to get his ID card, and they are not giving it to him right away, they had told him it should take up to a year. For some reason he isn't worried about it. He would visit Argentina once a year, but I believe using his US Passport. He works here, recieves benefits, he just doesn't vote.

You can apply for citizenship right now, you don t need to show his DNI, just birth certificate and your passport.

I suggest you PM me for schedule an appointment for legal advicing.
Regards

Update:

I won partially another appeal where the judge didnt recognize the right of my client to have a lawyer.
But the judges of the chamber didn t accept that studying is an honest occupation and they requested the languaje test.
This solicitant is a good friend of mine and she agreed to do a leading case with it. So I am going to Supreme Court for discussing:

1. The languaje requirement is abolished;
2. To request the foreing good behaviour certificate is illegal;
3. To study is an honest occupation and I want SC clarifies how to evidence it.

There is one judge who is a bad person (the daughter of his secretary was deported from Spain) and he is trying to create a situation where he is not rejecting the cases but there is not way to finish them. He rejected the appeals (this is very unusual) so I went on complain straight to the chamber in 2 cases and I have to finish another 2 complains.

I asked for dicipline mesures against the Secretary and the judge replyed warnning me that he can send me to jail for 2 days because he said that my vocabulary is a lack of respect, I have to admit that I was very acid but I only described properly his lack of common sense and his bad faith. So, I might spend a couple of days at jail but if this happends, I am going to prosecute him. I talked about this with my master and he said that as soon I recover my freedom he invites for beers to celebrate that I am not "green" anymore. He asserts that you are not a criminal lawyer until a judge sends you to jail for defending your client s rights. In fact, when he was a Criminal Federal Judge he granted an habeas corpus during the dictadura and the dictator bombed his house. He had to leave the country as an exiled.

I am going to go to SC with those 4 cases where I explain this unfair play that the judge is doing (we call it "procedure ambush") using all the legal tools of the abolished law.

I can t say I get bored at work.

Regards

The judge who wanted to jail me for 2 days realized that I asked for diciplinary mesures at the chamber. If he jails me it was going to be seen as a personal vendetta so he gave up. Now he is polite.

Today I asked for the reports because he ordered them but they were not delivered.

Last week I have 2 hearing of witnesses with the he prosecutor who always makes things difficult.
He lost 7 cases at the chamber and at the last one judges were very upset with him. So, he changed his behaviour 180 degrees. While we were waiting we were talking about other cases and he said that he is going to support me in whatever I ask to the judges.

So, nowadays there are only 2 judges reluctants to recognize citizenship rights to expats but they can be easily avoided using legal remedies.

Regards

I'm not steveninba but the answer is no, the US will not revoke your citizenship. In fact, people who want to get rid of their US citizenship have quite a process to go through and have to pay a rather hefty fee to get the job done. Dual citizenship is perfectly legal in the U.S.

ref.jpg

Not we are at Supreme Court. :D

Bajo_cero2 said:
The judge who wanted to jail me for 2 days realized that I asked for diciplinary mesures at the chamber. If he jails me it was going to be seen as a personal vendetta so he gave up. Now he is polite.

Today I asked for the reports because he ordered them but they were not delivered.

a. Since the chamber open the first complain and I presented the appeal before the Supreme Court (REF), some judges changed his behaviour 180 degrees. Even the REF was about a particular case, I discused the case using as bad example some other cases I have where judges try to create an oblique way of rejection using the citizenship abolished law enacted by a genocidal.

I did it with name, last name, number of Court room, case number and I was very specific. The facts are that in our legal system, if a judge notice a crime, he has the duty to start a criminal investigation about it. The facts I described are known as a "procedure ambush" and they are illegal. The criminal code describes those facts as abuse of power or prevaricato http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevaricaci%C3%B3n

This is a crime a judge make throught his work, for example, when he enforces abolished laws like they are doing. The anti-discrimination act raise the punishment 1/3 of the minimum up to 1/2 of the maximum. So, they can lose they job and go to jail.

So, yesterday I had a hearing of witnesses with this Judge. After the hearing, I was lunching and they called me. I met they at Court after office. Court closes at 1.30, I went there 2.30 more or less. They were waiting for me. It was an informal an amicable chat where the Secretary (I asked to the Chamber to remove her and to retire the Judge) said: "you dont need to make the cases so
contentious because we grant you whatever you ask".............my godness!!!!!

We ll see what the chamber decides. They already request the 3 files where I went on complain. The 4th case, I didn t complain because they already gave up and they grandted the reports and the evidence.

I have to admit that I was surprised.

b. Another chamber of Buenos Aires rejected me an appeal confirming the sentence that required for legal residency. They simple ignored the Supreme Court precedents. So I have 1 week to go to Supreme Court here too.

Regards

arlean said:
I'm not steveninba but the answer is no, the US will not revoke your citizenship. In fact, people who want to get rid of their US citizenship have quite a process to go through and have to pay a rather hefty fee to get the job done. Dual citizenship is perfectly legal in the U.S.

This is a funny to me because I'm a soccer (fútbol) fan.

Nearly every year an up-and-coming US soccer player obtains dual citizenship from a country in Europe through a parent or grandparent so that he can sidestep labor laws for non-Europeans (especially in England) in an effort to make more money and play at a higher level so that he can play a more important role on the US national team.

Nearly half the US team has dual citizenship.

This question has been obvious for over 20 years (became aware of it for the '90 World Cup) and it makes me chuckle when there are still people who think that the US doesn't allow dual citizenship.

I am going for the citizenship with Bajo_cero2...... why not? there is no downside that I can find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back