Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it isn't maths. Some judges accept it, some other freeze the case until the second year.

What is the success rate that you have starting at one year and one day versus waiting for two years? Is this more of a theoretical possibility or unlikely possibility or is it more like 95% of the time this is successful?

The ethic's law doesn't allow me to promest success. I understand that to reply this based on % isn't ethic.

I won a precedent that allow me to start the cases without the 2 years. Since then things began to change.

I do not mean to promote success, but simply state the number of successful cases and the number of unsuccessful cases that you attempted to start with only 1.5 years in country or less. Simply a statement of fact based on your case history in this area. It would be greatly appreciated so we can better understand the chance of this happening.

Based on my understanding of argentina law precedent is not binding so even if there is precedent does not mean that any other judge would feel the need to start it before 2 years. That makes it even more important to know likelihood based on actual past cases (statements of fact).

The ethic's law doesn't allow me to promest success. I understand that to reply this based on % isn't ethic.

I won a precedent that allow me to start the cases without the 2 years. Since then things began to change.

This is my best answer.

It looks like this might be a better place to post info regarding my Citizenship experience in Córodba Capital. A quick recap. My wife and I are both estadounidenses, but parents to an Argentine citizen have started our request for la Carta...we have our DNIs -- Residentes Permanentes. Here's the original post http://baexpats.org/...ia-citizenship/ I just have a few questions below if there are any opinions. Thanks!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I went to the Tribunales Federales de Córdoba today. They gave me a short list of requirements. The told me to put this together and the desk to turn it into and we will have our case(s) assigned.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]1. Partida de nacimiento legalizada por el país de origen y visada por el cónsul. I have the original, translated and the Apostille du Haya that I presented to migraciones. Does it get any more official than that? [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]2. Certificado de migraciones. I have an email to migraciones regarding this. They have always replied within 24 hours in Córdoba. EDIT: They just replied to this. I can go Monday to Thursday 8 to 15hs. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]3. Certificado de Antecedentes (Central de Policia Colón esquina Santa Fe) I had this done the first time with RNR, but now that we're residents...I guess we must do with the police. It was very effcient with RNR. I'd rather go there if I can. I also asked about my US antecedentes since it wasn't noted on the list...He said I must have that too. Migracion has our originals...hoping to use those...I asked about then in my email to migracion as well. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]EDIT: Migracion also said that they cannot provide us our original US FBI checks...I'm hoping to convince them otherwise when we go in for the Certificado. This is the hardest thing to get processed quickly. I do have complete copies of the originals as well. Perhaps we can submit the copies with originalas of everything else to get our case assigned. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4. Certificado de Domicilio (Seccional de Policia del Barrio) I have done this before with my local precinct and can do again very easily.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]5. Justificacion de medios de vida. I'm a Monotributista. He said I can simply bring my Constancia de Opcion. That sounds too easy. Thoughts? My wife is ama de casa (we're not married in the eyes of Argentina...only married in the US...I have a translated, legalized, and Apostille du Haya of our marriage certificate). I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to set her up a monotributo or get married here...or just go ahead without any further action.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]6. Nombres de dos personas. (para atestiguar en la causa) This is no problem. I confirmed that they must be Argentines...they can't be other permanent residents. Not sure if they can both be from the same household. To be safe we'll provide names of unrelated friends.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Any other tips other than having extra copies of everything and document carefully what I have provided in the case our files were to go missing?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks! [/background]

Update. We picked up our certificados de domicilio. Tuesday we're requesting the Certifcado de Migraciones. Next week my wife is setting up a monotributo with the accountant as profe de ingles. He is also going to do a certificados de ingresos as further justificacion de medios de vida for both of us. If anyone has any other suggestions in this regard...I'm open to it

My main question now is whether the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales offered through the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia (RNR) http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Lugar_Tramite.aspx?c_prov=4&c_pais=12&m_priv=1&m_ofi=0&m_todos=0 is sufficient as they directed us to the Central Police instead...where it takes 3-4 weeks. I can have RNR do it in 24 hours and I've seen the Central Police....it's crazy there. Anyone? It would seem RNR would be a better option.

With that we'd have everything listed in the requirements provided. Although I will still try to get the original FBI Checks back that are less than a year old. I have copies of them...I could perhaps provide those while we work to get new ones. I saw something someone had posted about only needing to provide copies when turning in the docs and having the originals once the case is assigned. Could that be the case?

Update. We picked up our certificados de domicilio. Tuesday we're requesting the Certifcado de Migraciones. Next week my wife is setting up a monotributo with the accountant as profe de ingles. He is also going to do a certificados de ingresos as further justificacion de medios de vida for both of us. If anyone has any other suggestions in this regard...I'm open to it

You can have your wife as ama de casa. The law accepts that you will be financially supporting your family. However, if she is going to be an English teacher then this move isn't going to hurt.

My main question now is whether the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales offered through the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia (RNR) http://www.dnrec.jus...ofi=0&m_todos=0 is sufficient as they directed us to the Central Police instead...where it takes 3-4 weeks. I can have RNR do it in 24 hours and I've seen the Central Police....it's crazy there. Anyone? It would seem RNR would be a better option.

Do everything that they are telling you to do. This is going to be a long process. 3-4 weeks is normal. Go with the police department because that's what they told you. If you're going to use "common sense" in things or do things because they are "faster" then you're going to have to end up doing stuff twice. Avoid that, do what they say.

Haha. I totally agree with your second point. Follow the directions exactly (and when in doubt have extra copies of everything, but don't offer anything they don't ask for!). If I'm going to be Argentine...I should know better! ;) I have a friend that has someone higher up on the food chain at the Policia Central. Such connections have paid off in the past.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]2. Certificado de migraciones. I have an email to migraciones regarding this. They have always replied within 24 hours in Córdoba. EDIT: They just replied to this. I can go Monday to Thursday 8 to 15hs. [/background]

This took about 1 hour today. We have the documents. $50 pesos each. Luckily it was raining today. We arrived at migraciones at 9am...not a single person there except staff. We even commented when walking in "No hay nadie" and they chuckled and repeated....I thought it could have been a paro...it was that dead. Use siesta (where things are open) and rain against the Latin Americans. Also bring a baby to cut the line. We had used the second two today. Rather than wait for the document to be completed...we ran over to Central de Policía for the Antecedentes Penales about 10 blocks away. We returned later and presented ourselves. Within 3 or 4 minutes they brought out the certificados with several docs to sign.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]3. Certificado de Antecedentes (Central de Policia Colón esquina Santa Fe) I had this done the first time with RNR, but now that we're residents...I guess we must do with the police. It was very effcient with RNR. I'd rather go there if I can. I also asked about my US antecedentes since it wasn't noted on the list...He said I must have that too. Migracion has our originals...hoping to use those...I asked about then in my email to migracion as well. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]EDIT: Migracion also said that they cannot provide us our original US FBI checks...I'm hoping to convince them otherwise when we go in for the Certificado. This is the hardest thing to get processed quickly. I do have complete copies of the originals as well. Perhaps we can submit the copies with originals of everything else to get our case assigned. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Final update: We did do this at Central de Policía. It was no problem. We had prepaid our ARS50 online and paid at Rapipago (although they have a caja so it was not necessary). Picked up the form at the counter...after cutting the line. Gracias a la beba. Filled out the form and had a seat after turning the papers into the caja. A supervisor came up to us with the baby and asked if we were waiting for antecedentes printing. I happily provided the apellido and we were called up immediately. After leaving sent a WhatsApp to a local friend with our complete names and file numbers who has a friend at Central Police...he has already responded that our files will be pulled tomorrow so we don't have to wait the 20 días habiles...Vamos a ver if our connections prove helpful and whether it costs me a nice bottle of wine or booze. ;)[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Also learned they would do our FBI Background Check prints for the same 50 pesos...also confirmed with an Expat friend here in Córdoba...they did two copies at Central de Policía and sent both to ensure good prints. They were processed by FBI successfully. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Question regarding FBI Background check.... Will the court require anything to be sealed? I don't see how it would be feasible since we need to get them translated and legalized as well as the Apostille from State Dept before submitting. Is there any reason to wait with requesting this? [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]We will have all of the requirements per the papelito that was provided at the court once we received our Certificado de Antecedentes back and will quickly submit them so our case(s) can be assigned. I also plan to provide the Legalized, Transalated and Apositallada Marriage Certificate if that has any bearing in how our case is treated.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks! [/background]

(One member recently asked me about my application for citizenship.

I waited for the court to call me.

They never did.

It doesn't matter.

I don't care if I have citizenship or not.

I started this thread asking if any other expats had applied for citizenship and asked the ARGENTINE lawyers not to reply.

I was recently informed that one of those who did is now quoting $6500 USD to help foreigners get citizenship, :eek:

Some might think that is expensive, but consider the alternatives...if you don't already have permanent residency as I have...

I do not stay awake at night worrying about my immigration status... :D

Most foreigners can stay here until hell freezes over...and maybe even leave and return after it does. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back