Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bajo_cero2 said:
JuraWendi.jpg

Done!
Congratulations! SO did they give her a Spanish test after all?

Bajo_cero2 said:
Yes, they chat a little bit and that´s it.
So then that is kind of what we expected: no formal exam to test Spanish fluency and no test on the history of the country or the constitution. Can you tell us a little more about how the oath ceremony was? Does the new citizen read it or repeat after the judge? I am so curious about how it happens!

Well done Christian, and enormous congratulations to your client.

RF0032.jpg

Am hoping my turn won't be too far away!

surfing said:
So then that is kind of what we expected: no formal exam to test Spanish fluency and no test on the history of the country or the constitution. Can you tell us a little more about how the oath ceremony was? Does the new citizen read it or repeat after the judge? I am so curious about how it happens!

I have been working with bajo_cero on the citizenship process. If I understand correctly, the content of the Spanish test is at the discretion of the judge. I did my Spanish test a few months ago, and it was easy. The first part was "transcripcion", where the judge's clerk asked me to transcribe a paragraph from the codigo civil. Pretty easy and requirement zero knowledge of Spanish. Next she said we're going to do "dictacion", and she read a couple of paragraphs from the codigo civil to me and asked me to write it. Of course, the codigo civil is fairly technical, so it was a little challenging, and she was reading fast. When she finished, I asked her to repeat the reading and she did. I corrected a few mistakes, and she read it and said "perfecto". I don't know if the test would have continued if it hadn't been "perfecto".

I consider my Spanish to be at an intermediate level. I think some judges require more, some maybe a little less. It's a crap shoot. I was really nervous going into it because I couldn't figure out how to prepare. The best thing is to relax (easier said than done, of course), and to practice your conversational Spanish as much as possible.

Toulouse,
Thank you very much for the details.

So as I understand, the first part involved copying Spanish text from a page and writing it on paper back in Spanish ( NOT in English?).

And 2nd part involved, someone reading in Spanish, and you writing the same thing in Spanish?

correct?

approximately how many sentences did you write for part 2?

Also, at what stage of citizenship does Spanish test takes place.

Is it just before the oath?

toulouse said:
I have been working with bajo_cero on the citizenship process. If I understand correctly, the content of the Spanish test is at the discretion of the judge. I did my Spanish test a few months ago, and it was easy. The first part was "transcripcion", where the judge's clerk asked me to transcribe a paragraph from the codigo civil. Pretty easy and requirement zero knowledge of Spanish. Next she said we're going to do "dictacion", and she read a couple of paragraphs from the codigo civil to me and asked me to write it. Of course, the codigo civil is fairly technical, so it was a little challenging, and she was reading fast. When she finished, I asked her to repeat the reading and she did. I corrected a few mistakes, and she read it and said "perfecto". I don't know if the test would have continued if it hadn't been "perfecto".

I consider my Spanish to be at an intermediate level. I think some judges require more, some maybe a little less. It's a crap shoot. I was really nervous going into it because I couldn't figure out how to prepare. The best thing is to relax (easier said than done, of course), and to practice your conversational Spanish as much as possible.

Ceviche said:
Toulouse,
Thank you very much for the details.

So as I understand, the first part involved copying Spanish text from a page and writing it on paper back in Spanish ( NOT in English?).

And 2nd part involved, someone reading in Spanish, and you writing the same thing in Spanish?

correct?

approximately how many sentences did you write for part 2?

Also, at what stage of citizenship does Spanish test takes place.

Is it just before the oath?

It makes no sense because all the Secretarias (2 Secretarias per judge, 10 judges in Capital Federal) do it in a different way.

When my client doesn´t speak well, I allow them to do a written test. When they don´t know to write, I enforce the new precedent I won that says that minimum speaking is the requirement. When my client doesn´t speak Spanish I argue that it is abolished but there valid law says that they must to provide a free public translator to the applicant.
And I never accept the test about the national constitution.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
4rd case granted:
* Deportation order
* No DNI
* Work under the table
* Criminal records
* perma-tourist

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Congratulations.

How was his Spanish test?

My Spanish test for citizenship was very simple and not at all intimidating: about 5 minutes chat where I was asked what I was doing here and a few details about my work. I also talked about my experiences of tango - where I dance, why it brought me here, etc. It was informal and friendly and took place in a little office overflowing with paperwork. I'd imagined a kind of court scene! I didn't have to write anything. She did throw in a few questions at the end in quite quick Spanish, repeating requests for information about my work, so that was no doubt a test of comprehension as against a prepared speech.

Hope that's helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back