Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
arlean said:
I apologize for not reading all these posts (46 pages I think) but I am in the citizenship process. My attorney, Gabriel Celano. We are fortunate to have Bajo Cero here advising.

Gabriel Celano has no information on citizenship process or even if he has it, he thrives in leading people to go for residency procedure as a requirement for citizenship. I found his knowledge very shallow on citizenship law.

Banjo cero is our man for citizenship law. I have yet to meet him but am impressed by his reports here.

I have worked with Gabriel for residency. He knows residency procedures but very shallow in citizenship law.

Ceviche said:
Mr Bajo Cero, as a matter of curiosity, after the favorable sentence, what is the time frame to :-

1. Oath

2. To dni as argentine citizen

3. Argentine passport

Is the favorable sentence reversible?

1. Oath: Depends from judge to judge, normally is 1 week.

2. To dni as argentine citizen: 20 working days.

3. Argentine passport: after DNI 1 day is you do it at Ezeiza.

Is the favorable sentence reversible? Yes it is only if you hide facts or you cheat the requirements. The sentence cannot be appeal but some prosecutor don t understand it. The procedure avoid the appeal but gives the Prosecutor the power to start a procedure for taking the citizenship away only if it was enacted by fraud. Otherwise, forget it.

That´s why I prefer to say all the truth and discuss the lack of legal consequences. For example, I started a case of a Dominican with a fake marriage (normal) and I explained to the judge that the marriage happens but it was without love but this is legal. Then the sentence, if the procedure is well done, is not reversible.

I had a client with cold criminal records and I explained it to the judge because the law only cares the last 5 years, he was very upset about that but I didn t care because the lawyer its me. The fact is that nobody cared about the prosecution he suffered, the debate was regarding the address.

Regards

Ceviche said:
Gabriel Celano has no information on citizenship process or even if he has it, he thrives in leading people to go for residency procedure as a requirement for citizenship. I found his knowledge very shallow on citizenship law.

Banjo cero is our man for citizenship law. I have yet to meet him but am impressed by his reports here.

I have worked with Gabriel for residency. He knows residency procedures but very shallow in citizenship law.

Ditto.

I first went to Gabriel Celano because he came highly recommended as a lawyer that can help with a visa of some form. Well, I didn't qualify for a work visa, a rentista visa, and I didn't have a wife/girlfriend (anymore) who could vouch for providing enough cash for me to meet the ~US$2K/mo limit that was in effect 2+ years ago. And that was that.

Then I met with Christian (Bajo_cero2) and even though he couldn't promise citizenship, he at least had a plan and and after looking at my qualifications, he felt that according to the Argentine Constitution, I qualified for citizenship. And that's why I chose to go with him.

Things haven't moved at lightning speed, because he's faced some judges who weren't fans of following what the Constitution said, and preferred to go with the way things have always been done, but he's fought and fought and things continue to move towards the goal.

Today I had to go to the Russian embassy and do a visa for my visit to Russia. Since I am from the USA, they sent me packing because I went with the normal visa form. For US citizens they have an extended visa form with 42 different questions and I have to basically attach my CV and my entire travel history for the last 10 years in order to get it approved.

Oh how I wish I had my Argentine passport already... Argentines can travel to Russia visa-free. I could have been saved from a lot of headaches today.

Napoleon said:
Ditto.

I first went to Gabriel Celano because he came highly recommended as a lawyer that can help with a visa of some form. Well, I didn't qualify for a work visa, a rentista visa, and I didn't have a wife/girlfriend (anymore) who could vouch for providing enough cash for me to meet the ~US$2K/mo limit that was in effect 2+ years ago. And that was that.

Then I met with Christian (Bajo_cero2) and even though he couldn't promise citizenship, he at least had a plan and and after looking at my qualifications, he felt that according to the Argentine Constitution, I qualified for citizenship. And that's why I chose to go with him.

Things haven't moved at lightning speed, because he's faced some judges who weren't fans of following what the Constitution said, and preferred to go with the way things have always been done, but he's fought and fought and things continue to move towards the goal.
Napoleon, I'm just curious. Where are you in the process? Are you waiting for reports?

surfing said:
Napoleon, I'm just curious. Where are you in the process? Are you waiting for reports?

His process had an appeal that we won.
The reports were granted but the judge refused to enact the reports regarding Convenio Policial before the report of Antecedentes were replied. But she order the police to go to his home to schedule an appointment for the fingerprints. It was in December and today the fingerprints aren´t taken.
I asked for pronto despacho twice and last Friday I asked for sanctions to the President of the chamber for illegal delay of the procedure.

The strategy regarding the sanctions at Superintendencia is working.
The President replied in 15 cases in only 2 weeks. I only read one where the judge changed (falsification) his sentence granting the reports, so, mission accomplished.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
His process had an appeal that we won.
The reports were granted but the judge refused to enact the reports regarding Convenio Policial before the report of Antecedentes were replied. But she order the police to go to his home to schedule an appointment for the fingerprints. It was in December and today the fingerprints aren´t taken.
I asked for pronto despacho twice and last Friday I asked for sanctions to the President of the chamber for illegal delay of the procedure.

The strategy regarding the sanctions at Superintendencia is working.
The President replied in 15 cases in only 2 weeks. I only read one where the judge changed (falsification) his sentence granting the reports, so, mission accomplished.

Regards

Oh, actually, the police finally came about 3 weeks ago and gave me a form that said that I had 2 weeks to go get my prints done. I went about 2 weeks ago, so my prints have been taken.

One hold up is having my FBI report apostilled. I was in the US (NYC) with the report and was going to make a day trip down to DC to get this done, but between foul weather and a belief that I might have to get another FBI report because this one was processed so long ago (last November or so), I didn't go to DC. But now it looks like I should have.

So I need to send an email to DC to find out how much the process costs and what form of payment to include and a friend in the States is going to send it in. Hopefully in the next week or so. We'll see.

I hired Christian Rubilar (aka bajo cero) to represent me for the citizenship application. Last week, Christian received a successful sentence for my application, and today we went to the judge's office to sign the papers. I asked Christian for confidentiality, so he didn't take a picture of me with the sentence, as he has done with the others.

However, I want to put in a good word for Christian: he's been great for accomplishing this process. I highly recommend him, and what he's doing with the judiciary is pretty amazing. He's not afraid to challenge the judges and their lack of knowledge regarding the citizenship laws. Thanks, Christian!!

Bajocero,

Thanks again for all of your guidance. Am I correct to think that once the reports are granted most of the hard part is over with (assuming all the reports come back with no problem)? What I mean to say is: does the fact that the judge has granted the reports mean that they have decided to grant citizenship as long as on all reports come back clean?

Bajo_cero2 said:
Irregular Chinese petitioner with deportation order against him and no Spanish at all (This is another Lin)

I continue fighting against the language test and I have achieved a major victory.

This case is finished but my client doesn´t speak Spanish.

The prosecutor insisted with the language test.

I replied in a very aggressive way asking for sentence in 3 working days because all the legal requirements are fulfilled, the language test abolished and the only legal requirement regarding the language is to provide a translator when the petitioner doesn´t speak Spanish.

The judge ordered a hearing with a translator. The hearing was great!!!

Now the case is at the prosecutor office because he has to enact a legal opinion before the judge can enact a sentence.

Lin123.jpg

Mr Bajo Cero, I am curious about this guy who has no Spanish knowledge. How is his case going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back