Argentine women are the only thing I really don't like in Argentina.

You’ll find it’s not just dating but friendships, business, work and even getting simple things done here here too. If you feel this time consuming way of interaction is incompatible with you and you’re unable to adapt yourself, you need to ask if you really want to be here because if not, it will either drive you crazy or make you very lonely.

No one really cares about your culture or norms and few here will adapt themselves to you - internalize that because you’re not in Kansas anymore. Culturally Argentines can really be some of the least compromising people you’ll ever meet (in terms of being “stuck in their ways”, tastes and preferences... just try and serve a condiment that is not Chimichuri or Criolla at an asado and read the room to see what I mean... then ask yourself if they are going to change or you are?)

Otherwise just take a deep breath, loosen up, sip a Mate and begin the loooong road of adapting and learning to live with your new culture. You’ll have a far richer experience here if you do and maybe you’ll even meet that rare special someone who is an exception to the norm when you least expect it and can be your oasis amidst the madness.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you said. I agree that it could be a very long road ahead considering that I'll be here the greater part of 2.5 years. I'll be ok though. I've met a couple cool people (non Argentines that I've hung out with a couple times). I've also met a couple cool Argentine guys who work the nightlife. I've never hung out with them though. As far as the women, there is a decent selection of non Argentine women.

This is an excellent description of what I feel like their personality is. It's just sooooo opposite of how I am lol. If there was a gun to my head saying adapt or die, I'd tell them to pull the trigger lol. I am more or the straight forward direct type. I actually prefer not to plan things and do everything sporadically. But even that technically requires some effort.

If I invite a girl out, she says yes, I put in some effort to maybe make a reservation and go, and then she changes things, I'm never going to speak again. From your post, what people here find cute and pleasant, I find disrespectful, and what I find to be good habits, they find disrespectful... that's a no win situation. And because both parties are at opposite extremes, it's simply not a good idea to engage.

youre-new-here-arent-you.jpg

But it is hardly a new topic.

Here is a list of threads which include the words "Argentine Women" in the title (going back almost 14 years).

After reviewing that list, I kind of feel like this thread is unique. Most of the other threads are about beauty, or people questioning things they've heard but have no personal experience.

Culturally Argentines can really be some of the least compromising people you’ll ever meet (in terms of being “stuck in their ways”, tastes and preferences... just try and serve a condiment that is not Chimichuri or Criolla at an asado and read the room to see what I mean... then ask yourself if they are going to change or you are?)
Precisely (for some of us) one of Argentina's charms. For those inclined towards nostalgia and tired of the constant change and homogenisation that occurs elsewhere, Argentina is a wonderful breath of stale air. It may or may not be in their own best interests, but for outsiders looking for something that is still reasonably authentic, it fills a gap.

Is there a similarly long list of threads about Argentine men? If not, what does it say about we migrants and long term nomads in Argentina.
Perhahps there are far fewer expat women who date Argentine men.

Personally, I only know one expat woman who dated an Argentine man.

He broke her arm.

PS: Is "long term nomad"an oximoron?

After reviewing that list, I kind of feel like this thread is unique. Most of the other threads are about beauty, or people questioning things they've heard but have no personal experience.
I had more than enough personal experience with two Argentine women (in 2006 and 2013)

I enterd the word "hysterical" in a search for posts in I used that word,

I was quickly reminded that for at least one expat male, the experiecne could be much worse:

I´ll go to any lengths to avoid using the word expat.
Does that include not telling anyone else about this site?

PS: You still have time to edit your post to avoid using the word. 🤠

Back