Argentine women are the only thing I really don't like in Argentina.

SecretShopper

Registered
I'm going to go ahead and do what we are taught not to do... judge everyone equally bad. After two months I can really give my opinion and say that Argentine women are the absolute worst on the planet. Now I'll admit that this is based on how I am and what I would consider as completely incompatible.

The bottom line is that Argentine women play too many games and want to be chased. Now obviously there are women like that all over the world but it appears that it's a much higher percentage here. My sample size is about 12 women and I cut communication within 2 weeks on all of them.

The absolute least reliable when it comes to sticking to a plan. If you both agree to do something, 90 percent chance it won't actually happen for whatever reason. It seems like they all have a fishing pole and attempt to dangle bait, and when you don't go for the bait and cut them off for different reasons (terrible communication, lack of ability to meet), you get a message a couple weeks later asking what happened and why they can no longer see your profile picture on WhatsApp lol.

Most times I ignore them but a few times I responded with something to the likes of "your a cool person but after attempting to invite you out a time or 2 and it went nowhere." The responses were "oh so you didn't think I was worth enough to keep insisting?"... "men need to be able to persist until they get what they want"... and something else similar that I don't remember.

This isn't a thread about sex but I'll bring it into it.. From my experience, if anything is going to happen, it has to be in the moment where you first meet her. And even after, if you think there will be less games because you had sex.. nooope.. same shit. And when you stop communicating, then you get a text about how all you wanted was sex.

One would constantly send pictures to remind me that she exist but could never successfully get on the schedule. I don't see how men can date Argentine women. Thankfully, there are Colombians, Venezuelans, and Brazilians to save the day lol.

Sorry to hear this, SecretShopper.

You may benefit from behaving like an argie guy, where you talk to 4 or 5 simultaneously, drawn out with relatively low-effort and non-chalance until one thinks you've persisted enough and comes running for you.

(Other argie men habits will not be touched on in this post.)

The absolute least reliable when it comes to sticking to a plan. If you both agree to do something, 90 percent chance it won't actually happen for whatever reason.

This is not a dating thing, you will soon find it happens in every context (friends, family, etc., even work), and you're going to have a very frustrating experience if you don't get used to it. It's sort of a like it or leave it situation - you're not gonna change it and people won't understand why you get so upset about it (and if you're a foreigner there is a high chance they'll also think you're entitled for getting upset about it).

Not that I agree with it but it's a cultural thing you just have to accept. Just make sure you always have a back-up plan and forget about it.

Uh yeah as said above. This isn't an Arg women thing, it's an Arg people thing that is going to happen to you unless you are close friends, family, or they need money from you. Everyone else is not a priority.

I'd argue it's a Porteño issue rather than an Argentinian one, ask anyone that lives in the provinces what their opinions are of the city's population (male or female) and it won't be a positive one...

Sorry to hear this, SecretShopper.

You may benefit from behaving like an argie guy, where you talk to 4 or 5 simultaneously, drawn out with relatively low-effort and non-chalance until one thinks you've persisted enough and comes running for you.

(Other argie men habits will not be touched on in this post.)

I understand this thought but it's impossible with me mainly because of ego lol. Obviously women feel like they are a prize to be won and want to see a ton of effort buuuut I feel like if her effort isn't up to par she is getting the ax.

After spending time in so many different countries this is the first time I feel like I am completely out of my element. Especially since I completely understand my unwillingness to adjust. So effectively my dating selection has significantly shrank.

If one wants to generalize, I'll take Argentine women over women American women any day.
I wasn't comparing the two. And I also clearly said that this is based off of what is not compatible with me. So if someone has a ton of patience and doesn't mind the cat and mouse games then it may not be so bad. Unfortunately for me, that is the complete opposite of how I am. So with the exception of random encounters, I find Argentine women undesirable for real dating. I'm not going to adapt and join in on the game so it's best to ignore them and focus on the smaller percentage of Latin women that are here.

Reactions: Moe
My experience is that Argentine women are very open minded to hang out with strangers, at least if you are someone from the West. There seems to be some discrimination towards Bolivians, Paraguayans and the like, I do not know your ethnic background, though assuming you are on an English speaking website, chances are you are from the US or Europe. If that is the case, Argentines are usually interested to know you, unless you screw up for some reason.

What I have heard though is that Argentine women are harder to get for one night stands than other South American women. Not sure if you are referring to this. If that is what you would be after, the easiest way is just to go for the paid solution, there are plenty of opportunities in micro centro.

The only issue I have with Argentine women is that some of them can be quite neurotic and hard to live with on a long term basis, but getting to know women does not seem to be so difficult here.

Back