Argentine women

"Pavel" said:
hey there I'm a 25 year old male from the Czech Republic. I've lived in Buenos Aires for 2 years now. The whole process of moving to another country, fitting in, etc can sometimes be an adventure or a real pain in the a** if you know what I mean... I'm trying to adapt to the local culture but some things get really annoying. Like the arrogance of the locals for example... They seem to think that everything Argentine is better. On the other hand, everything foreign is seen as a threat and looked down upon. Foreigners are always the bad guys and deemed responsible for the Argentine crisis. I don't understand where all the bigotry comes from. Yet one thing is certain. Some people need a scaping goat... Anyway I didn't come to this website to talk about the culture. I'm here to ask you guys a question. Here it goes... What do you think about Argentine women? Do you agree that they are the most beautiful in the world? I'd like to know cos I hear people say it all the time. I for one don't think they are that pretty, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
A friend of mine, who was visiting me from Europe, always imagined Argentine women were so beautiful and that being said, we went out and sat in a cafe to observe. Most of the girls looked identical and all we saw were average people scurrying about. My friend then asked me, "where are the beautiful Argentine women to be found? Does anyone know?"
I think this is such a joke. Northern or Eastern European women are in general prettier. Besides, Argentine women tend to be too complicated. They have a reputation for being hysterical and everyone knows it.
Good post. I concur with everything you said. First of all I have to agree about the fact that Argentina having the most beautiful girls in the world is just a myth. Yes there are some pretty ones, but c'mon, the majority are not that great... I've met a lot of foreign men who have been here and got dissapointed because they thought argentine women would be so beautiful, and found that the majority were in fact "shabby" looking. I agree with you, the Argentine look is rather homogeneous. Skinny, small breasts, unattractive faces... There's not this huge melting pot of races and features that so many locals brag about. Just as you described, it's really plain compared to what you see in other countries.
On the other hand their attitudes leave a lot to be desired as well. Argentine girls like to play mind games and are VERY immature and spoiled. In general they only "date" within their circle of friends and couldn't care less about foreigners. By contrast, I've been to other South American countries where latinas have always been welcoming and more than happy to get themselves a gringo boyfriend. Not here.
Good luck to anyone who chooses an Argentine woman. They are a handful.

They like to think they wear the trousers, some of them. I speak from experience as I live with a beautiful Argentine lady and have done for 2 years. I come from England, which has a very different culture and of course, so does she.What I find is that we both have to learn and be tolerant. I don't consider myself to be macho, as in the sterotype Latino viewed from afar and for that she is grateful and it's a bit of fresh air for her.Argentine women the most beautiful?Like everywhere, it's dodgy to generalise. South and Central American women are very attractive, particularly in Costa Rica.There are babes and there are dogs. It all depends on your definition.For my part, I'm more than happy with the beauty and passion of my lady. You take your choice....there's a lot of fish in the sea...

Hey Markus, I'm afraid that if you are from the Czech Republic, then the women from any other country will not be up to your country's standard. Having visited Prague on three occasion, I have to admit hands down that your country has on average the most beautiful women.
As far as their personalities goes, I couldn't shut my jaw for long enough to have a meaningful conversation with any of them. But definitely for looks you can't look beyond a Czech woman.
Cheers

I'm not Czech, I'm German. But yeah, I know what you mean. Czech women are known for being hot!!

"Ernie" said:
Jokes aside, what I mean is that since the average Argentinian, due to long distances, or reduced circumstances, is not well-travelled, so to speak, we don't get to have a first-hand knowledge of what the rest of the world is like. I had the chance of visiting Stockholm years ago (no, I'm not rich, I used to work for SAS). Serious women in Sweden. Very hospitable ladies, strongly recommended for impressionable male youngsters (as I was at the time). Maybe it's the accent.
Ernie
Hahhaha, lucky for me I'm swedish, in the nation with the most beautiful MEN in the world! (Yep, that's right, rumor got it all wrong, perhaps some poor bastard misinterpreted what his girlfriends friends were talking about ;) )

I think Pavel's original question was one about the outward beauty/aesthetics, not about all these other concepts that have been conflated here (likely as a knee jerk reaction to some bourgeois PC constructs). So let's separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

In my book, they rank very low. I don't think the women here are attractive in general (actually, I find them quite hard on the eyes). I've been all over Latin America and can say subjectively speaking, the birds here pale in comparison to the ladies in Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Paraguay, Mexico, and Ecuador. They may have a leg up some Central American countries (Belize, for instance) or Chile, but that's about it. And if you need an objective consensus, just have a look at Miss Universe results. Proof's in the pudding.

And if you're looking to have a good time, forget it. I'd rather be with English women!

Now if you want to muddle in all the other characteristics and values (but Pavel, they are so educated....), etc.. go for it.

ps - if you live in a large city in the US (ie, not in Indianapolis, Louisville, Omaha and their ilk), you'll find that American women are pretty amazing. Ever spent any time in LA or NYC? Not many big boned lasses there!

drucifer said:
I do find cordobese women to be more attractive than portenas though. ....

Spot on with my observations - I'm happily married to a beautiful porteno but I have traveled the length and breadth of this great country and the women in Cordoba are without question the most attractive. Great curves and darker complexion. If only all porteno ladies looked like -> this <- ;) *slap* - oops the wife caught me again!

I think that the phrase "Argentine Women are the most beautiful in the world" should not be taken so literally. I am an Argentine woman and I spent most of my life in the U.S. The way I relate to this phrase is in the following way: Argentine people are very proud of their heritage, their culture, history, food, wine, the arts, etc. I compare them to the French people. The same applies if you go to New York City or L.A. Everything is better there in comparison to the rest of the U.S. You and I both know that it´s not but this is the mentality of the typical porteño...did you notice that I am generalizing? Everyone is different. Perhaps the Argentines feel this way because there are a select group of Argentine women who are or have been top models in the world of fashion. These women do not represent all of the Argentine women as a whole or the average woman here. They are role models for young women just like the Brittany Spears and Jessica Simpson´s of the world. The same applies for the Brazilian women. I have heard the same phrase about the Brazilians and once again, I believe it´s because of the models that are out there now, not the common Brazilian woman. Having lived in two cosmopolitan cities in the U.S., I have met latin women from all over Mexico, Central and South America. I believe that everyone has their own beauty. Beauty comes from within and the way a woman carries herself. That is what I believe...

Pavel said:
What do you think about Argentine women? Do you agree that they are the most beautiful in the world? I'd like to know cos I hear people say it all the time. I for one don't think they are that pretty, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
A friend of mine, who was visiting me from Europe, always imagined Argentine women were so beautiful and that being said, we went out and sat in a cafe to observe. Most of the girls looked identical and all we saw were average people scurrying about. My friend then asked me, "where are the beautiful Argentine women to be found? Does anyone know?"
I think this is such a joke. Northern or Eastern European women are in general prettier. Besides, Argentine women tend to be too complicated. They have a reputation for being hysterical and everyone knows it.
It's always the same thing, isn't it? Every country is competing for the most beautiful women you've ever seen award. Last time I checked Italy had them. Before that it was Brazil. Before that, Argentina. Before that, Greece. Before that, Sweden. Now in this thread it looks like Czech are the most beautiful women. However, always somebody will dash it and post the negatives of these women:

--Italian women use too much makeup to hide their skin that turns to rawhide when they age; so they can't be the most beautiful.
--The only Brazilian women who are sexy are the internationally known beach models; the rest look like gargoyles in the face, and have pretty average bodiesl. So they can't be the most beautiful.
--Argentina has women with flat chests, big asses, average-faces and bad personalities; so they can't be the most beautiful.
--Greek women are short, dumpy, and hairy with whiny voices; so they can't be the most beautiful.
--Swedish women are short with flat asses and bleached blonde hair and low self-esteem who turn into bitter old hags before they reach middle age; so they can't be the most beautiful.

What's the negatives about Czech women?

Seriously. Everytime someone says such and such country has beautiful women there are the negatives posted to dissuade. People should start focusing on personality. Argentine women seem to have this thrilling, fiery personality that interests men. People say that personality gets old but believe me all personalities get old. I like the fact that you can check out an Argentine woman and she's laidback about it. In the States, you're considered a lecher or a pervert for checking out a woman. In Argentina, it's part of the culture and accepted. I love that.

donquixote said:
Argentine women may not be the worlds most beautiful but compared to American women they are outstanding. I'm a girl watcher and I noticed that Argentine women keep their weight very well, I saw few overweight women in Argentina or Chile. Whenever I go to Walmart here in the US I noticed that about 70% of all American women ar FAT and they all are munching on some kind of snack. Turn on the television set and half of all commercials are hawlking every concivable weight loss device which eneveably ends up at the thrift store.
The funny thing is, you never truly notice the extreme weight problem of American women until you're in a room full of them or you go to another country where the women are thin and come back to the U.S.

Hell, I'll admit I can take a little chubbiness. But these women are shaped like milk cartons with arms, legs, and a head sticking out. That is not sexy at all.

Back