Argentinean Rock

Hi all

Digging the tunes and look forward to checking out a few live acts.

Bit of a tangent here, but has anyone done any recording in BA? Have googled a couple of studios whose specs look ok but am curious about prices given the reported high cost of electronics. What's a day in the studio worth? Recommendations welcome.

I have no idea what studio time costs here - I would guess it's relatively inexpensive. But in this day and age, doesn't it almost always make more sense to do it yourself? That is unless this is not something you plan to keep doing in the future and it's really just "one day" and you're done. Just a a few pieces of equipment, and you can get rolling at home or a friend's house if your place is too noisy.

audio interface
http://computacion.m...onido-externas/

a good condenser mic
http://listado.merca...ofono-condenser

Assuming you already have a decent computer and can get your hands on some digital recording software. A few cables and some dedicated time, and off you go.

I have no idea what studio time costs here - I would guess it's relatively inexpensive. But in this day and age, doesn't it almost always make more sense to do it yourself?

Cheers, Eric. Several of my friends have gone down the home studio route, but (1) I'm yet to hear anything studio quality after several years (2) it seems to be a hole in the ground into which money continually is thrown (3) I move every year or two so don't have all my gear in one spot. (and sometimes don't end up with a good recording spot anyway)

That said, I'd like to get Protools at home so I can record stuff in a studio and do my own cutting and pasting, choosing between takes etc... and then go into a studio for a desk mix.

My album's creeping towards completion: thought I might do some vox and mix a couple of things while I'm in BA. Glad to hear it's likely not too expensive.

It's always hard to push myself to broaden my tastes in rock nacional. Not being a native speaker, a song or album really has to "sound" good instrumentally and be kind of in line with my tastes before I take in the lyrics and decide that it's "good." So I find myself gravitating towards things that maybe sound instrumentally more like what I like in English...maybe more bluesy, guitar heavy. I feel like I'm missing out sometimes, but on the other hand "you like what you like?"

Well, I'm a great fan of Almafuerte. They speak about all Argentina's situation, it's like Los Redondos, but they're metal. Another band I would recommend is Asspera, but it's for hardcore people, not in the HxC scene, but their songs are all about insults, even it's very funny.

Without wanting to upset anyone, a lot of rock argentina sounds very similar to me because of the tendency to over sing. Everything sounds very technically polished, nothing sounds raw , the emotions on display sound controlled or least existing within a fairly repetitive format.

Am looking for something more human, more raw, fragile, imperfect and less perfectly formatted.

Even attaque 77 sound controlled, like they never really let rip. On the flip side the more tender ballads are all technically perfect but sound a little detached or formulaic to me.

Prove me wrong music lovers!

Back