Arriving in November

jenh

Registered
Hi, I am arriving at some point in November from the U.S. to stay through next summer for work as an international assignment for my company. Would love to meet up with others to learn about the city and the area, explore, etc.

Keep your eyes peeled. there are plenty of opportunities to meet up with regular drinks night (Frinks on Friday nights are a weekly get together of ex-pats and locals), horse riding groups, a running group (Hash House Harriers), groups to meet up with for all sorts of things, ages and interests....

Welcome to Buenos Aires :)

Thanks! Also, any tips on real estate agents beyond the apartment websites online? I have a pretty solid company budget to rent a flat, but not much time to find one, so if you have a recommendation on who could scout out something furnished in Palermo for me, please share the info!

Hey Jen,

Your move is getting imminent now! Well i move over from rainy old England in Feb next year and in the same position as you in a few weeks!

So i officially sign up to be your "Chris Columbus" aka exploring buddy!

I also worked in the US for the last 2 years in DC and quickly returned home to the UK before securing my job in BA.

Loved the states and no doubt im going to fall in love with Buenos Aires!

Well i hope you get in touch.

Thomas

don,t bring that wet stuff with you Tom,I had too many years of that in Nottingham!!!

Howard, I went to Uni in Nottingham for 4 years! Our path's may have crossed haha! So how does BA compare to old Robin Hood Town

no comparison,as you know the night life in Nottm is good,but here so much better,and LATER!!options unlimited too

hey jenh,

I´m also very new in BA, only a week old.
would like to meet up for a drink or just a walk somwhere in the city!
I´m still exploring..

See you!
Erica

Hi Jen,

If you want to meet some Argentines, connect with a conversation exchange partner. It is a great way to learn about each others cultures and learn a language. I have several conersation exchange partners who are now my really good friends.

Here is a good site for that http://www.conversationexchange.com/ (and its free!)

Send me an email if you have any specific questions.

Argentina is a great place to enjoy life!!!

Saludos,
Bill

www.MidlifeHappiness.com

Back