ATM Limits and Best Banks. LOST

katti said:
the santander on callao and guido (?) uses your banks limit.
as well as the copafin (? the green logo) on callao between arenales and Juncal.
I'll check the exact address if you want.
I tried the Santander on Callao and Guido today and it only allowed a 1000 max.

Hi all,
I've read all the posts in this thread and haven't really figured my situation out.

Basically, my friends can use their debit cards up to their limits on Citibank's ATMs. But I can't use my debit/ATM cards at all. They have Canadian and American accounts and mine is an American bank.

My cards use Plus, Interlink, and Moneypass. Is it possible that the first time among 20+ countries around the world I had trouble with an ATM machine, it's an American bank's machine that is denying me? And I'm pretty sure I've used Citibank machines in the U.S. without problems.

I found an old thread somewhere that suggested the Citibank ATMs here in BA only use a Mastercard related network. Can anyone verify this?

Has anyone else failed at the Citi machines and figured out why?

Thanks,
b

benderino said:
Hi all,
Is it possible that the first time among 20+ countries around the world I had trouble with an ATM machine, it's an American bank's machine that is denying me? And I'm pretty sure I've used Citibank machines in the U.S. without problems.
I found an old thread somewhere that suggested the Citibank ATMs here in BA only use a Mastercard related network. Can anyone verify this?
Thanks,
b

I'm having the same problem. I've used Citibanks in many countries with my Visa debit card, but here it doesn't work - (only in Citibank - it works at other banks, but of course they have low limits.)
I called my bank and read them the error code the machines give, and it doesn't mean anything to them. They swear they're not blocking my access, they blame Citibank. Bummer.

are you trying all the atms in the vestibule? I have had friends with the visa/mastercard issue be unable to use one atm but the one next to it worked for whatever reason.

benderino said:
Hi all,
I've read all the posts in this thread and haven't really figured my situation out.

Basically, my friends can use their debit cards up to their limits on Citibank's ATMs. But I can't use my debit/ATM cards at all. They have Canadian and American accounts and mine is an American bank.

My cards use Plus, Interlink, and Moneypass. Is it possible that the first time among 20+ countries around the world I had trouble with an ATM machine, it's an American bank's machine that is denying me? And I'm pretty sure I've used Citibank machines in the U.S. without problems.

Thanks,
b

I could only take 700 pesos from H.S.B.C on Avenido Julio but was told at a differnt branch in Recoleta that I may be able to withdraw between 1000 -2000 peso! This would never happen in the U.K. I know I should't compare, but it is frustrating
Andrea

I could only take 700 pesos from H.S.B.C on Avenido Julio but was told at a differnt branch in Recoleta that I may be able to withdraw between 1000 -2000 peso! This would never happen in the U.K. I know I should't compare, but it is frustrating
Andrea
Get used to it. It is just a way of life here. 6 years and I never know what todays limit might be.
Bye the way...........just because the sign says Citi Bank or Paribas do not think it's the real thing. All foriegn banks in AR are simply Agent Banks [Agencies] that use the brand name and the systems. However they will not provide you with genuine member services such as you would expect at home. Nor do they give a damn about how long you stand in line and don't even dream of asking for a hundred peso coins to feed the transportation monsters.

Hi,

We use these financial institutions because they do not have any fees and provide excellent customer service.

TD Bank
- No ATM Frees
- Refunds other banks ATM fees
- No Foreign Transaction fees
- Linked online to other bank accounts so we can move money
- Contacted the bank and changed our daily limit to $1000

Capital One Credit Card
- No Foreign Transaction fees
- No Annual Fee

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Bill

www.MidlifeHappiness.com

Thanks Guille! Can you tell us the networks of your TD debit/ATM cards? They would be listed (their logos) on the back of the cards. Even if your own bank's limit on withdrawals is $1000 USD, you cannot get that much out on a Banelco ATM - which is most of them in this city I've noticed.

Back