ATM Limits?

My daily limit is 700 pesos. Sounds a lot but it really isn't. It is well under the limit I have for the account when withdrawing in the UK.

I can do three withdrawals of 500 a day from link cash machines with a UK visa debit card.

I can get "unlimited" cash at the cashier of my local supervielle bank branch. just go there with the credit card and passport. they give you as much cash as your cc is good for, charging only one single atm fee... which can be zero, depending on your cc-company...

last time i just cashed out 6000 at once...

The daylimit is set by your bank, then you have to find the right ATM that gives you your day limit. Not all of them do.
My day limit is 1000USD, so at some ATM I can get 3600$ (pesos), but then ATM of the same bank on different locations only give 1000$ (pesos).

We have noticed that the bank (is it just our bank?) does not give us the 'rate of the day' but a very low rate. We don't only pay 15$ per transaction, but lose a lot on the rate!

timobo said:
I can get "unlimited" cash at the cashier of my local supervielle bank branch. just go there with the credit card and passport. they give you as much cash as your cc is good for, charging only one single atm fee... which can be zero, depending on your cc-company...

That's true, you can get more then your day limit! It takes time, as (when I did it) they had to call to Visa to get permission, there they don't know the name of my Belgian bank (is not on the Argentine list), but in the end (after about an hour!) I walked out with... a lot of money! :D

The worst feeling I've had is when the machine has told me that I have

INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

When what it actually should say I've hit my daily limit... I remember the first time that happened I hightailed it back to my apartment to check my account online, thinking that maybe someone had drained my account!

katti said:
That's true, you can get more then your day limit! It takes time, as (when I did it) they had to call to Visa to get permission, there they don't know the name of my Belgian bank (is not on the Argentine list), but in the end (after about an hour!) I walked out with... a lot of money! :D

actually for me it only took seconds... they take a look at the passport and wipe the card, printout, signature, that´s it... and i payed no fee at all... and you can choose between ars and usd or even a mixture...

timobo said:

Wouldn't this count as a cash advance on a credit card? Don't know how it works with European credit cards but in the US, they charge astronomical interest rates for those.

katti said:
We have noticed that the bank (is it just our bank?) does not give us the 'rate of the day' but a very low rate. We don't only pay 15$ per transaction, but lose a lot on the rate!

My bank charges 1% for transactions, and gives me a crummy rate: $3.81 last week, when the dollar was about $3.92. This difference amounts to an additional 1.79% fee. So altogether I'm being charged almost three percent for ATM operations.

Electronic transfers cost about the same.

Back