Attacked in a "posh" bar called Mute in Las Canitas

LostinBA

Registered
Ok so I went out tonight to Las Canitas to celebrate a great month. I went to mute and bought a bottle of very expensive champagne for myself and immediately offered it to the couple beside me. It took the Argentine douche bag jealous ass*ole only about 15 minutes to attack me without provocation, slicing my scalp to the bone with the bottle and he robbed me of about 400 pesos. It didn't seem to matter to him that I was uninterested in his girlfriend (for obvious reasons). ie....I'm gay...had 0 interest in his gf.

These people are sh*t, I'm so outta here. You all can have this piece of sh*t county. It's only going to get worse and only because the people are crap. if you don' think so, just look around you. They care NOTHING about their neighbors...hence the constant dog shit in the street, constantly changing prices when they realize you're foreign. The fact is that they deserve everything they get and I hope they fuc*ing torture each other to death. As a country, they fuc*ng deserve to be thrown alive out of airplanes each and every one. Sounds cruel?! They fuc*ing invented it!!! They structure their entire lives on the most extreme beliefs, antagonizing each other until once side wants to torture the other. They're savages!!! These people deserve everything they get...the ones with money are, for the most part displaced white Europeans who somehow think the color of their skin gives them a patine of legitimacy . No! The fact is that YOU Argentines are savages. You threw people our of airplanes because you are SAVAGES! you blame everyone but yourselves for your economic collapse of 2001/2002 BECAUSE YOU ARE SAVAGES. Take responsibility! It was your fault! I had hope but now feel nothing but pity for you!!!

The police tonight just shrugged and admitted that they could do nothing. They basically admitted that the rich can do whatever they want without any prosecution. Remember that when you read about little girls going missing and even though some good people know exactly what happened (ie. the 8 y/o girl was raped, tortured and murdered), they can (and want to do) do NOTHING!!! I was bleeding like crazy and the police didn't really want to do anything...

This county is a piece of shit. I can't fuc*ing wait to get out if here. I hope they fuc*ing destroy themselves. The fact is that I know they will...

Damn! did he attack you in a bar, where you were sitting?

And if he was rich, why did he steal 400 pesos?

Ceviche said:
Damn! did he attack you in a bar, where you were sitting?

And if he was rich, why did he steal 400 pesos?

I was sitting at the bar when he attacked me. He also stole my wallet hence the 400 pesos...the champagne was another 300 or so....

When I say rich it's relative. "Rich" for argentina is some cocks*cker who buys a nice car and presents himself to an "exclusive" place like a "player" every week. He might be poor as sh*t but the police think he is a player.

This country is sh*t. Nice for a week on vacation but that is it...

Wow. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.

Did anyone in the bar know who this guy was? Did his girlfriend also leave? It's a bit difficult to follow exactly what happened after he cut you. Did he just flee and no one knew who it was?

I agree it can be a crazy country. I've seen similar things with my friends that had crazy incidents.

What the??? Who the hell reacts like that? Especially in a bar where everyone's there to have a good time and socialize. If someone who obviously had something to celebrate offered to share his champagne with me....well I think I'd have a new best friend. And what did the girlfriend do? I guess nothing.
My boyfriend has a similar experience (not so serious admittedly) when he arrived he sat in the 'priority seating' on the bus without realising, without warning a guy pulled him out of this seat threw him out of the bus onto the street and started kicking the shit out of him, and the girlfriend (with a baby) watched on totally non plused as if this was something normal. What is wrong with these people?
I'm so sorry this happened to you, horrible macho savage just 'showing off' in front of his girlfriend, and the worst thing is she was probably impressed by his behaviour. I hope your head heals quickly and you manage to have some nice experiences with some nice argentines before you go

Sorry mate, but I think you made a serious error of judgement right there.
How do you know what these people were? You didn't even know them.
What makes you presume they even wanted to share your moment of happiness, let alone your champagne?
The attacker may have had serious issues on that day and he exploded.
And before I'm flamed here, I'm in no way condoning this violence and robbery.
You have also made some very wild assumptions and accusations, whilst albeit in a very angry state.
There is a growing unease in the street, particularly between those that have and those that don't. There is also a very large degree of one upmanship and let's face it, he probably viewed you as a threat.
There are a**holes everywhere and I suggest you take your BS meter for a full service.

I understand your anger and hence what you say, I see where you are coming from. I have never heard of a such thing happening. My guess is that you happened to be nice to some idiot that was high on something, hence the nonsense aggressive reaction. I´m sorry to hear what happened I cannot believe nobody lifted a finger ( people from the place ) I am not surprised about the police sadly :(

Gringoboy said:
Sorry mate, but I think you made a serious error of judgement right there.
How do you know what these people were? You didn't even know them.
What makes you presume they even wanted to share your moment of happiness, let alone your champagne?
The attacker may have had serious issues on that day and he exploded.
And before I'm flamed here, I'm in no way condoning this violence and robbery.
You have also made some very wild assumptions and accusations, whilst albeit in a very angry state.
There is a growing unease in the street, particularly between those that have and those that don't. There is also a very large degree of one upmanship and let's face it, he probably viewed you as a threat.
There are a**holes everywhere and I suggest you take your BS meter for a full service.

I don´t think that was about upmanship. Guy must have been high on coke or something. This is not the way the average guy reacts.

Really - I don't find it that shocking. Guy probably thought you were hitting on his girlfriend and freaked out. I used to live near there and saw fights ALL THE TIME (not at that bar in particular but on the streets at night).

To the OP, I'm so very sorry this happened to you :(

Hate is such a strong word but seriously, I hate the great majority of these portenos. I've never met a ruder, more horrible society than they create for themselves each and everyday.

And what cowards they are! Yes, Argentines only attack in numbers or a sneak attack with a bottle like last night. I've never seen a more cowardly people than they ....

Going to hospital. Rib is obviously broken from the guy throwing me off the bar stool.

Back