(Automatic) Arrest Without Legal Order At Immigration

In my opinion, to withhold information on how to easily resolve an issue dealing with immigration on the grounds that it is a professional secret is selfish and mean spirited. I was licensed to practice law in several jurisdictions in the US (incl NY and Cal). Legal advice in a chat forum was not withheld simply for fear of losing business which is essentially what I suspect is here meant by maintaining a professional secret. There may reasons to withhold professional advice in a chat forum especially absent a disclaimer, but "professional secret" strikes me as odd.
Firstly, anyone in need of legal representation would generally not be capable or desirous of representing themselves. Secondly, disclosure of the magical get-out-of-jail-free professional secret doesn't automatically vitiate the need for legal representation. A lay person may know a legal rule but still benefit, if not, require professional assistance. That is especially true of expats who frequent this forum. Moreover, to the extent someone like Bajo uses this website to generate business (get clients etc ) I wonder whether it doesn't violate some rule prohibiting commercial activity here.

Julian, here you are very confused and as soon as you Were a paralegal or a lawyer I can explain you where you why.
While in the US citizenship and immigration is ruled by the law and it can be changed, in Argentina it is ruled bu several articles of our Bill of Rights / National Constitution and this is why this is Federal instead of ordinary / country / province law and judges.
Whiles our ordinary law is roman based, Federal is just like the US system of Federal Law plus roman, french, german and Spaniard law and this is why lawyers specialized in Federal Law are considered high end among attorneys because you need to know, among other aspects of Law, US old precedents. So, when and how you have to use any of legals systems is my know how that, if I want to teach, I m going to do it at UBA University like I did for 9 years.

However, on the other side, immigration is not even considered something for lawyers (a prejudice) and it is worked mainly by paralegal and lawyers who's approach is regarding common law.

Federal Law is not sistematized and, instead, it takes many years and a lot of money in books to understand it because it is very complex.

So, when I refer to professional secret this is not because of common men and women becuae in this forum over the years were local lawyers pretending to be expats while at my office I have several fake consultations of lawyers and paralegals because I m the one who developes leadibg cases.

Right now what people says is that other collegues says it is not possible anymore to acchive citizenhip without DNI and, however, I have never had so much work.

So, i do not share knowledge that can be use by other lawyers.

And there are not easy solutions to hide. The easy ones I already shared in this post and the others I do not disclosure are because are very complex.

Also, during this years I have developed over 80 leadibg cases Allow me to work even with the new DNU that I made fall short time ago. So, explain me you that were a lawyer, why should I share the leading precedent I had developed if this allows me to be 5 years forward other collegues?

So, again, what are you talking about?

Ben, your arrogancy, naivety and ignorancy shows no limit.

Go to Edificio 5 ground floor straight to the end, then left. The first door is the police office where immigrants go under LIES of the government and you will realize that your asserts are, being to nice with you, naive.

For defending your rights are the lawyers, for enforcing the will of the President are the public agents.

I explained that you cannot arrive with foreign documents being argentine. The day this persona has legal issues, are you going to take responsability on that?

Dr. Rubilar was extremely helpful to me several years ago -- I support his efforts as he works for the good of the people. I know my situation was a simple matter but I have heard of many other individuals with many more complicated situations. I would say he is a man to trust. He works for the people..

No dog in the fight but he doesn't work for the people or for the greater good. He works for himself. And charges a pretty penny (in USD to boot, despite his love of all things K) for his services. And this forum has certainly given him a lot of clients.

Citygirl i had/have almost 600 clients were less that 20 are from this forum in 8 years.

The other asserts you made means, also, nothing. Are you communist now?

If i share info and advice is because I feel like. What's wrong with that?

Did I boycott any busisness of you doing it?

Were you recommending some one else?

What assertions? I simply stated a few facts. You don't "work for the good". You work for income. Fact. You charged in USD - at least back during the K days. Fact (I found that amusing given your professed love of all things K but you didn't charge in pesos). I don't care what you do but I was just pointing out that you aren't exactly here for the "good of the people". Your posts most often are about why one MUST get their residency sorted ASAP or face dire penalties. That is totally incidental to the fact that you have a business dealing with just that I'm sure. Less than 20, well that's still quite a few greenbacks you've earned from this forum.

As for boycotting? Huh? Funny enough, years ago, I actually told a friend of mine to contact you when he was having trouble with sorting out his residency. He declined to do anything with you after meeting you based on the prices you charged in dollars and how you treated him. As for boycotting my business, well, I'm no longer running a business in Argentina so not anything to boycott ;)

Carry on.

And lest you think I am only hers to poke fun, I do think you set up a good business exploiting a loophole in the law. Power to you. But you would probably be better served simply advertising your business. People will find you just fine without the scare tactics IMO. But as I said, carry on!

That´s the point citygirl and here is where you are confused once again.
I´m not looking for clients neither doing business here, I really do not care, I have too much work and I get clients through recommendation. I do not even have business cards because I do not need them.

I´m the most expensive lawyer of citizenship? Perhaps. However and somehow your comments shows that for you this is something bad. Do other lawyers charge less? Yes. Are they equal or better? The law forbids me to make any comment about this.

Do I charge in USD? I accept pesos and USD and contracts can be done in USD or pesos. So, again something that is legal, somehow, for you is wrong. This is why I asked you if were you a communist.

You commented something about a friend of you and complained about my behavior with him. Perhaps, and you don´t realize it, I rejected his case because I choose the cases I work. This is a privilege I have and if there is no chemistry is better to do not work together. I also reject the cases where I m not needed.

Here you are wrong again, the loopholes does not exist in our legal system, instead, what I do is to enforce SC precedents and the National Constitution and my skill is to appeal in all the instances, including Supreme Court. This years 8 cases before SC were granted and are under study.

So, again, you believe in good faith but wrong, that I try to scare people to get clients because since 2011 I am explaining that the Colonia Run makes you feel legal while you are not since decree 616/2010 while the new DNU gives the same status to expats than to cows/slaves.

So, if you advice people that everything is Ok, you are a) lying or b )super high.

And again Citygirl, open your eyes, it is the UN who is asking explanations to this administration because they see the same than me: a plan of ethnic cleanse is going on.

I understand how you feel, we supposed to be living in a regime with a dictator and finally we achieve freedom with Macri and I m showing you that perhaps you were cheated. So yes, now this is a country were to be scared is to have the feet on the ground because there is no more rule of law. Realize it: foreigners can be arrested without the order of a judge and judges are not going to defend you because they are scared of the President.

You assert that I´m K. Even you are wrong because I m radical and super anti peronist, why do you think that there is something wrong about the people who belongs to the K wing of the peronism?

In fact, If you want to describe me I just want the National Constitution to be respected, freedom to be respected, life to be respected. We do not have this now.

So, again, you criticize me because you think I m K. Aren´t you shame of that? Do we also have now ideology police? Are you planning to send me to a gulag?

And you know what city girl, I´m not K, you offend me every time you say so because I m super anti peronist.
I´m anti Macri because my family is half argentine half Korean and in 2011 Macri created the category of "pure argentine" at the Tango Contest. Before that for me he was nobody.
I made a class action and the Tango contest was nulled by a Judge and the news was published all around the world but not here. Only very later it was published here. So, then I realized that they were bribing the press. We do not have free press since 2011 but before there were some independent media, now we do not have that. The BA Herald is closed, Navarro was fired. All the others are parrots of the regime.
When we had the hearing with the lawyers of the government of the city they were scandalized about to blend foreigners and pure native argentines. And we were talking about Canadian, US and Irish citizens. The face they made was of disgust.

http://online.wsj.co...0544473444.html

Here is in Spanish:
http://www.pagina12....2011-06-04.html

I know that many of you believe than the racism of this government is Ok because you "imagine" that it is focus in "inferior" races but sorry, all of you are included.

So, of course I have something personal with racism, dictators, corrupts. I do.

<p>
I do think you set up a good business exploiting a loophole in the law.

I have to take issue with this one comment. One person's "loophole" is another person's Constitutional right. The press (in the US also) loves to say that someone got away with something because of a "loophole". This is almost always some Constitutional or statutory right. Like if the police searched your vehicle illegally, found some drugs, then later the evidence was thrown out because the police had searched illegally -- this is what they like to call a loophole, but actually it is the courts enforcing the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. (In reality, these days the courts have shat on the 4th Amendment, so the police search who they want, when they want, and almost always get away with it).

Back