(Automatic) Arrest Without Legal Order At Immigration

Stop doubting Dr Rubiliar, all of you. His contribution here can not be disputed. The newcomers here are lucky to read his posts and learn from him.

I have met many citizenship lawyers in Argentina and elsewhere. He is the BEST!

The simplest solution I see is that bajo and jantango are one and the same person writing under 2 usernames. Anybody has a better explanation?

Jantango was a client of Cristian Rubilar (and apparently an unhappy one). She posted an e-mail response that Rubilar sent to her in response to her concern over the request to go to immigration.

Jantango was a client of Cristian Rubilar (and apparently an unhappy one). She posted an e-mail response that Rubilar sent to her in response to her concern over the request to go to immigration.

Possible, even plausible, but was not clear at all from the post.

Stop doubting Dr Rubiliar, all of you. His contribution here can not be disputed. The newcomers here are lucky to read his posts and learn from him.

I have met many citizenship lawyers in Argentina and elsewhere. He is the BEST!

I agree. Heresy regarding the opinions of Dr Rubilar should be a capital offense, punishable by burning at the stake.
As to doubting one's good luck regarding reading his posts, that is a lesser crime that ought to be punished by flogging.
Double if expressed publicly.

I was just at immigrations few weeks ago and there were irregulars there nothing going on with the police just business as usual.

Oh, one more thing my wifes cousin who is a very good friend of mine has a good friend who is a director in one of the immagration offices. He said this would or could happen if there was a criminal activity issue in the mix otherwise most unlikely.

Again - bajo is on record for scaring people about absolutely normal practice.

I have no idea if this is the case here or not. My money is on yes, but I have no idea.

But it is a fact that he has insinuated that for doing exactly what the govt says to do, and what everyone has done here for 20 years, you can go to jail.

Without providing any example of when doing just that has caused any adverse results. Fact.

There have been posts about an imminent crackdown since 2012 at least. Even by Argentine standards, it's going really slowly ;)

Reactions: ben
There have been posts about an imminent crackdown since 2012 at least. Even by Argentine standards, it's going really slowly ;)

The decreto that gave migraciones "police powers" (according to a "citizenship lawyer") was issued in 2010.

In May of 2016 we were still wondering if and when strict enforcement would result in serious consequences for those who are irregular:

Has The Long Awaited Crackdown On 90 Day Overstays Begun?

http://baexpats.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Based on jantango's posts it's apparent that migraciones has become more proactive in ferreting out those with irregular status. They apparently have the authority to arrest, detain, and deport anyone who's status is irregular, but this doesn't appear to be happening en mass.

I for one, would not want to risk it, and I would not choose a lawyer (if I needed one) based on his personality. I would choose a lawyer based on his track record of successfully preventing a negative outcome.

Ben, understandable confusion on that Bajo post, but doubtful that jantango is alter ego of Bajo (jantango "liked" my criticism of Bajo).

It may be attributable to a lack of fluency in English ( I'd like to think so), but I find Bajo's posts frequently off-putting, i.e., a mixture of arrogance, braggadocio, and one-ups-manship. Moreover, that's without analyzing whether criticism by Ben and others is valid to the effect that Bajo's factual assertions are often unsupported by his referenced links/info. Bajo may be a very skillful lawyer, but being a smart lawyer doesn't necessarily mean one is a decent guy. I reiterate my observation that withholding legal advice here on the grounds that it is a "professional secret" is odd. It strikes me as a ploy to get business. Besides, if one has all the clients he can handle or need, it seems sharing info has little downside.

Back