• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
One thing is quite sure: Brazil will reach at least the semi finals (even if the refs have to help them).
If they are eliminated in the first stage, then there would be many riots in Brazil.

I also think Germany will win. Spain starts to decline.

Regarding Colombia, it depends if Falcao will have recovered.

20140517_brazil_0.png

[font=Lucida Grande']Left: Gratuitous "Brazil" soccer-playing bikini-wearing woman[/font]
[font=Lucida Grande']Middle: World Cup secuirty "Protective Equipment" that will be worn by Brazil's Major Events Police Battalion[/font]
[font=Lucida Grande']Right: Robocop[/font]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/brazil-reveals-tourist-safety-advice-robocop-riot-police-article-1.1794148

That picture of the cops on horseback with swords was a little much. Somebody seems to be having some fun here.

My prediction, though, is that it will be an unprecedented logistical and political catastrophe for the Brazilians, though I hope the disorder doesn't result in fatalities or other violence.

"Will be"?

Germany is strong but overrated. The USA has no shot of advancing. Spain will do well, Argentina will do well, but whoever beats Brazil will win. I hope it's Argentina so we can all celebrate like crazy.

The stat about how no european team has won outside europe

Your memory is quite short then, last World Cup was in South Africa and 3 of the 4 quarterfinalists were Europe, the final was European entirely.

Brazil has an even worse problem than just Argentine soccer thugs: http://tinyurl.com/nepzjjc

I think all Brazilian players will feel the pressure of getting shot if they dont make it at least to the semi's, so they will, Spain can't win again, especially because im Dutch and simply disagree with another Spanish victory (we're playing them again in our first game, friday 13th, fun). It would be great if we finally won something, but i dont think we'll get far. I dont know whats possible group wise, but id like to see Uruguay beat either Argentina or Brazil.

Back