Ba Vs Medellin As An Expat Destination

A hot Paisa given the choice will 95% choose a Colombian guy over a gringo any day of the week. If she chooses a gringo you can be sure it's really for only one reason. They would much rather be drinking aguardiente and dancing salsa in their little Colombian table cliques in Parque Lleras or Sabaneta than hang around with a gringo who looks ridiculous trying to dance. The Colombians are masters at salsa and I am yet to meet a Colombiana who did not love to dance.

But given the choice of sit at home with mom and dad or drink aguardiente in the street or parking lot, they will happily accept an invitation for dinner and drinks out at Lleras where they can take photos to put on facebook to show their girlfriends they are out on the town.
I know lots of foreigners who would love to think that the reason they meet girls is because they are quite handsome or they treat them better or that their horrible sounding gringo spanish accent is somehow cute to the local girls. It's not.
All that being said if you sift and sift and sift you can find a university educated and hot (they are almost all hot) Paisa that is not looking for money. They are rare but can be found.
I have a friend who still lives there who is 56 years old and he had a 26 year old girlfiend. I was like "geez that's pretty young" and said to me "I deserve it!"
Maybe he did!

A hot Paisa given the choice will 95% choose a Colombian guy over a gringo any day of the week. If she chooses a gringo you can be sure it's really for only one reason. They would much rather be drinking aguardiente and dancing salsa in their little Colombian table cliques in Parque Lleras or Sabaneta than hang around with a gringo who looks ridiculous trying to dance. The Colombians are masters at salsa and I am yet to meet a Colombiana who did not love to dance.

But given the choice of sit at home with mom and dad or drink aguardiente in the street or parking lot, they will happily accept an invitation for dinner and drinks out at Lleras where they can take photos to put on facebook to show their girlfriends they are out on the town.
I know lots of foreigners who would love to think that the reason they meet girls is because they are quite handsome or they treat them better or that their horrible sounding gringo spanish accent is somehow cute to the local girls. It's not.
All that being said if you sift and sift and sift you can find a university educated and hot (they are almost all hot) Paisa that is not looking for money. They are rare but can be found.
I have a friend who still lives there who is 56 years old and he had a 26 year old girlfiend. I was like "geez that's pretty young" and said to me "I deserve it!"
Maybe he did!

A hot girl goes with a man only for 2 reasons :-

aa) he has money and he can provide for her numerous needs
bb) he has a game/is a stud / is a highly wanted man by many women

A hot girl goes with a man only for 2 reasons :-

aa) he has money and he can provide for her numerous needs
bb) he has a game/is a stud / is a highly wanted man by many women
Right on!
guilty on both counts.....there are so many hot women around here , i'm afraid the ranch might catch on fire!!!!! :lol:

The Colombian men have serious, serious game. They are surprisingly good looking actually and very well dressed. They can dance, they can talk. They say cash is king, well in Colombia cash is god.

The gringo represents a means of jumping up a few class levels. San Javier to dining in Lleras is a giant leap! Some of the poor girls that come down from the hills are nothing short of stunning. But exercise extreme caution. If you are looking for sex you'll likely get it, but fall for one of these girls and they'll rob you blind when you are in the shower.

And if the hot Paisa already has money then I calculate the gringos chance of landing her at precisely......zero.

Back