Backpacking Argentina To The Usa

Wow! You talked to some Mexicans about it? Then you must know it better than people who actually lived down there. Also why don't you say how much time you really spend there in the border region instead of repeatedly using the word "extensive"?

37 weeks in the past 18 months.

I don't doubt that you feel that the border region of Mexico is dangerous. My complaint is that you don't appear to base this on personal knowledge and experience but rather what friends and locals have told you.

And that's not really a complaint against you specifically, but rather an observation I've had of Americans in general.

Americans seem to want to compare everything, everyplace and everyperson with what is familiar to them and when an environment "seems" to be less secure than their cozy little neighborhood back home, they immediately cry out about how dangerous it is.

Too many Americans only get their news and views of the world through mainstream media and don't check out places for themselves before reaching a judgement.

If these Americans would say, "I FEEL (or I THINK) then I wouldn't have a problem. But when Americans state with certainty an opinion about something with which they have no experience, or based on what friends/locals/news has told them, then I have complaints.

I noticed that you ignored by question about your being shot, mugged or robbed. Does that mean you have enver experienced this in the "border region"?

Well if you want to argue take it to private chat please. I am just looking for good information here. Oh does anyone know the address to where I can buy a bus ticket in BA?

physical address, a place where i can go and buy a ticket in person

37 weeks in the past 18 months.

I had lived there altogether 2 1/2 years not counting the times I went there just to visit before I lived there.

I don't doubt that you feel that the border region of Mexico is dangerous. My complaint is that you don't appear to base this on personal knowledge and experience but rather what friends and locals have told you.

I have lived there. I have seen it with my own eyes. In addition to experiencing it myself I have had first hand reports of things happening that never made it to the news. Some of those primary sources are my friends - where I know that they are 100% trustworthy. How much more personal knowledge and experience can I get? Actually join the Zetas? Would that be enough?

Americans seem to want to compare everything, everyplace and everyperson with what is familiar to them and when an environment "seems" to be less secure than their cozy little neighborhood back home, they immediately cry out about how dangerous it is.

I am not American.

Too many Americans only get their news and views of the world through mainstream media and don't check out places for themselves before reaching a judgement.

As I said I have lived there and saw it live every day. The other reports I got from my trustworthy friends and colleagues who were all Mexicans and lived all their life in Mexico (and never in a cozy neighborhood in the US). And again a lot of what is actually happening down there does not make it to the news.

If these Americans would say, "I FEEL (or I THINK) then I wouldn't have a problem. But when Americans state with certainty an opinion about something with which they have no experience, or based on what friends/locals/news has told them, then I have complaints.

Ok, so I have no experience? And some guy who has actually spend less time there than I tells me that I am wrong? And you did not say "I think/feel you are wrong", buddy!

I noticed that you ignored by question about your being shot, mugged or robbed. Does that mean you have enver experienced this in the "border region"?

I had been careful, knew where not to go or what places to avoid at certain times and I guess in the last months I also had a little bit of luck. There were occasions where shootouts happened and I was just lucky that I had already left the place when it started. Some of my friends were not that lucky. Shootouts there usually mean 2-4 dozen soldiers or police in army gear against a similar amount of well equipped narcos. Or cartel against cartel. The strange thing is that you get used to it and feel it is normal after a while - and it took me some time to realize how bad the situation there really got.

we live in Mexico and keep ourselves informed daily at boderlandbeat.com

it seems to be slowly getting better...ojala!

we live in Mexico and keep ourselves informed daily at boderlandbeat.com

it seems to be slowly getting better...ojala!

Do you think legalizing Marijuana in the States would help? By taking some money away from the drug cartels.

Back