BAExpat Member Featured In the La Nación

The article also says that Bajo Cero's request for an injunction was rejected.

A bunch of airlines are probably now regretting not having checked for return tickets now.

Even so, Migraciones could treat this as a humanitarian case and leave the women in, as long as they're not going to be wandering the streets without funds, which nobody will want to see happen.
The 1st instance court rejected it which can, and I assume is being appealed, and my understanding, based on previous posts that he has made is that DNM can't deport someone for as long as there is an ongoing judicial case, and if they do, like he mentioned in the article, those officials can be criminally denounced.

Also, his specific client is stating she does not want to return to Russia for political reasons, and if she was infact trafficked here as part of a scheme (which again, DNM is saying they're aware of this being a thing targeting Russians with promises of citizenship) that's one of the cases which in which someone is eligible for temporary residence according to the DNM's own website People who have been victims of human trafficking or other forms of slave exploitation and/or victims of the illicit trafficking of migrants.

Like you said, expensive lesson for KLM and Ethiopian Airlines, they'll get fined I assume for not confirming onward travel.

The pregnant women in Ezeiza will be allowed to give birth in Argentina, due to the advance state of the pregnancy. Fifty eight hundred pregnant Russian women have entered the country since November?

I have to assume so, what airline is going to take an 8.5 month pregnant woman as a passenger? I assume she hid it well and the airline didn't know she was pregnant, most have a time limit.

why is migraciones making such a deal about these particular women when normally they have very lax (or underenforced) policy and basically open borders?

Some more info:

In exchange for 15 thousand dollars: The lawyer [bajo_cero] of one of the pregnant Russian women detained in Ezeiza pointed against "trafficking networks

They come to give birth to Argentina. They reveal that last night more than 30 Russian pregnant women arrived at Ezeiza on a single flight

This tracks with exactly what I saw earlier this week myself as I walked past the Ethiopian Airlines baggage carousel: an incredible amount of luggage and tons of people speaking Russian.

And again, despite what Florence Carignano/the DNM asserts, while it's clear these women are not tourists, none of these women have committed any crimes, nor are they required to go to the Argentine embassies abroad as she suggests since Russian citizens have visa free access to Argentina, and Russia is a European country for which Article 25 of the Constitution explicitly forbids the restriction, limiting, and taxing the entry into the Argentine territory there of.

If Carignano has a problem with this she is free to advocate that Article 25 be repealed and that Russia lose visa free access to Argentina, but until then this seems like a slam dunk habeas corpus case for every single one, and if I were the Russian women I'd be looking to denounce Florence Carignano for both discrimination and gender violence since the DNM is explicitly targeting Russian women when pregnant women from other countries and basically all of us reading this have entered the country first as tourists and changed our migration status once inside.

But hey, good luck trying to get Ks to practice what they preach.
Florencia Carigniano just said on C5N at 15.54 that 5800 pregnant women entered Argentina in the last months. To give birth in Argentina. 21.700 Russian citizens entered Argentina in the Last month.
Florencia further said Russians can obtain Argentina nationality in 5 months , for Venezuelans can take 5 years..!

Brilliant participation of Dr. Rubilar on C5N, Kudos. Good to see him in person. The packages to bring women to give birth in Argentina is similar to the packages for plastic surgery. For Argentina and Turkey

This is a very complex and multifaceted case. At present there are at least 10 women "rechasadas" at the border and waiting to be deported or allowed to enter after a judicial review.

Lus soli (derecho de suelo) is meant to make citizenship and nationality law simpler and more equitable and is the norm in most of the Western Hemisphere (Americas). But you have a bunch of mostly wealthy Russians traveling on expensive tickets (think $3k a pop), to give birth, stay a month and then leave. As much as 80% of these Russian women give birth and go back home. The child is a native born Argentine, they get a lawyer who then lodges a court case requesting Argentine citizenship for the child’s parents — even though they are back in Russia or wherever — and will never be back here. Yes some do stay and request permanente residence, but most do not. The problem are not those that stay — they are welcome — it’s those that abuse the system. If they are refugees they need to apply and enter the country as such — again they are welcome — but reality is that most are just spoiled wealthy individuals with online jobs that want a extra passport and the added benefit for them and their children.

Then there is the issue of those that abate and help them, as they charge a “fee” as consultants, lawyers you name it.

As recently as a few weeks ago 3 Russian spies were arrested in Europe traveling on Argentine passports they got as parents of a native born Argentine child. Red flag.

I can only imagine that urgen messages are being send to the HQ of all major airlines to deny boarding to Russian women in advanced state of pregnancy. Ethiopian is one of the few that allows women in the 32+ week to fly. A lesson to be learned. They will now have to pay for their accommodation, food, and flight back home.

Etc. etc.

Last edited:
Brilliant participation of Dr. Rubilar on C5N, Kudos. Good to see him in person. The packages to bring women to give birth in Argentina is similar to the packages for plastic surgery. For Argentina and Turkey
Nah he says the same thing over and over again. Same bs about "slaves" and the German or Roman law or something like that. Everyone is sick of him...one trick pony.

And this is what AI has to say....

Why are so many pregnant Russian women traveling to Argentina to give birth?

Russian women have been traveling to Argentina to give birth in recent years because of a few reasons. Firstly, Argentina offers world-class medical facilities and highly qualified doctors, providing a high level of medical care during pregnancy and childbirth. Secondly, it is also a popular destination for Russian tourists, so they feel more at ease with the local language and culture.
Additionally, some Russian women travel to Argentina specifically to take advantage of its birthright citizenship policy, which allows children born in Argentina to automatically obtain Argentine nationality and a passport. This is seen as a way to secure a better future for their children, including access to education, health care, and employment opportunities in Argentina or other countries.
It should be noted that this practice is not unique to Russian women, as citizens of many countries travel to take advantage of more favorable birthright citizenship policies in other countries.

As recently as a few weeks ago 3 Russian spies were arrested in Europe traveling on Argentine passports they got as parents of a native born Argentine child. Red flag.
This is a huge red flag. If this trend continues where "wealthy" Russians see Argentina as a quick, cheap, and easy "Golden Passport" without any background vetting thanks to legal loopholes, and even if only a handful of them have ulterior motives (sanction dodging, espionage, etc.) and given the acute current global sensitivites, then it won't be long before European and other western countries start slapping visa requirements on Argentine passport holders. The government has a good reason to start cracking down on this.

According to this: https://www.infobae.com/sociedad/po...lsas-turistas-que-no-pueden-ingresar-al-pais/ the problem seems to be that the women arrived without funds to support themselves, and couldn't say where they were going to stay. Having an onward / return ticket is a requirement to enter Argentina, as we discussed in another thread, and without funds, claiming to be tourists would seem to be implausible at the least. The article also says that Bajo Cero's request for an injunction was rejected.

A bunch of airlines are probably now regretting not having checked for return tickets now.

Even so, Migraciones could treat this as a humanitarian case and leave the women in, as long as they're not going to be wandering the streets without funds, which nobody will want to see happen.
That's exactly what I just saw on Feinman's show on LaNacion+ minutes ago.

Y es así…. That’s a lot of short stay express citizens in the past year!

Similar lessons have been learnt by various Caribbean states that offered quick and easy passports who were then shut out (or threatened to be shut out) of various western countries’ visa free (or relaxed visa) schemes until they got their citizen vetting in order.

Back