BAExpat Member Featured In the La Nación

This is how I feel as well. While the facts of the various cases are being muddled, it seems that at least some of the women arriving at Ezeiza lied to Migraciones about their intentions, and worse, the lies weren't even remotely plausible (i.e. tourism without funds). So obviously lying to Migraciones was never going to end well, especially not if the perceived intent was to make them look stupid. Without any legal knowledge of these matters, I expect that this would be sufficient reason for Migraciones to deny entry.

As far as Argentinian citizenship and passports go, assuming this wasn't an outright scam, the process of obtaining citizenship includes police and Interpol checks. Unless the passports are fake, or the checks are being skipped, I think any concern about Argentine passport holders being a risk to western security are overblown.

And, if there is any concern about the new want-to-be citizens, it's easy to fix: the federal court is beholden to nobody, and can invent requirements at will, as well as change the meaning of existing legal terms and requirements. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry at the federal court can impose any requirement they want, so why not take the opportunity to do something other than the usual arbitrary chaos-mongering and require physical presence in Argentina for the duration of the citizenship process, and a language test as well?
Language test was removed. I don't think there was found to be a constitutional basis for allowing it.
Physical presence I think was removed as well as people have a "right to move". Although you could probably say "In order to get 2 years residency, you need 2 years tax residency, give us proof you're paying your fair share while you 'live' in Argentina". Or require 730 non-consecutive days _in_ Argentina before allowing to apply.

Lying to migracions should be crime though and be prosecuted just so you won't get a pass on the police check on the citizenship obtaining step. If you can lie to migraciones and have 0 charges ... well. In the eyes of the law then, you did nothign wrong.

...At the hearing of habeas corpus they declared assisted by a Russian interpreter and my 3 Clientes said they were moving to Argentina for ever. Their husbands were not with them because they were deserters so they escaped Russia by land, one of them is Russian Ucranian (a traitor for both) and they were poor or middle class. The husband of the one who suffered more is a construction worker. None of them paid one of this trafficking netwrok and they were arrested for that....
Just curious - how is all this verified?

Back