BAExpat Member Featured In the La Nación

Remember

Trying to maintain a conversation with a fan of the pro-Russian regime is a waste of time and energy. I had experiences in life that you did not live and I am pro-Argentina. Have a great day and have a happy life trying to convince people. They are more clever than that. Don't quote me any more. Over and out.
Quoting for lulz

It depends on the intention, I guess.
When the Mayflower just arrived in America, where did the Pilgrims live? In England?
i mean, if you want to compare this situation to the 1400s, then sure they lied too.

I mean, here's the key: There's a constitutional right for all immigrants explicitly from Europe to immigrate to Argentina. If you want to settle in Argentina and are from Europe... Declare your intention...

If Argentina doesn't like that people coming here, gotta change article 25.

Now in 6 months you could change your mind... But that's next to impossible to prove that you willfully misled migraciones.

I am shocked by some reactions: Russian are expats too. In the eyes of the Argentine, they are no different than Brazilian, French, German, Chilean, Bolivian, Syrian, Chinese, Irish, English, Australian or American. It is a shame that some let their home country's foreign policies against a certain country blind them. I never thought I would ever see expats bashing expats on this forum. We all know all the little loopholes and tricks that expats from all origins have used and still do. Then Argentine are racist because of Blancaflor flour former logo...

I mean, here's the key: There's a constitutional right for all immigrants explicitly from Europe to immigrate to Argentina. If you want to settle in Argentina and are from Europe... Declare your intention...

If Argentina doesn't like that people coming here, gotta change article 25.

Now in 6 months you could change your mind... But that's next to impossible to prove that you willfully misled migraciones.
This is how I feel as well. While the facts of the various cases are being muddled, it seems that at least some of the women arriving at Ezeiza lied to Migraciones about their intentions, and worse, the lies weren't even remotely plausible (i.e. tourism without funds). So obviously lying to Migraciones was never going to end well, especially not if the perceived intent was to make them look stupid. Without any legal knowledge of these matters, I expect that this would be sufficient reason for Migraciones to deny entry. Again, Migraciones did the right thing by treating this as a humanitarian case, and presumably the women can now apply for citizenship as genuine immigrants (since they apparently have no funds, they're actually here to stay).

As far as Argentinian citizenship and passports go, assuming this wasn't an outright scam, the process of obtaining citizenship includes police and Interpol checks. Unless the passports are fake, or the checks are being skipped, I think any concern about Argentine passport holders being a risk to western security are overblown.

And, if there is any concern about the new want-to-be citizens, it's easy to fix: the federal court is beholden to nobody, and can invent requirements at will, as well as change the meaning of existing legal terms and requirements. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry at the federal court can impose any requirement they want, so why not take the opportunity to do something other than the usual arbitrary chaos-mongering and require physical presence in Argentina for the duration of the citizenship process, and a language test as well?

I think the real way to stem the tide is to make sure all the women coming in with Argentine facilitators... are they paying all their taxes? If you're charging 15 grand to facilitate a women coming in to give birth... well... I doubt they were in compliance to the letter of Argentine tax law.

I am shocked by some reactions: Russian are expats too. In the eyes of the Argentine, they are no different than Brazilian, French, German, Chilean, Bolivian, Syrian, Chinese, Irish, English, Australian or American. It is a shame that some let their home country's foreign policies against a certain country blind them. I never thought I would ever see expats bashing expats on this forum. We all know all the little loopholes and tricks that expats from all origins have used and still do. Then Argentine are racist because of Blancaflor flour former logo...
Yes, I agree. Unfortunately it's not unique to here, just look at the Hispanics in the US, who are now some of the most rabid anti-immigrants. I'm sure you know the French phrase, après moi le déluge (nach mir die Sintflut in German, I'm all right Jack in English).

Back