Baexpats Book Club Next Meeting ! Wednesday Jan.29, 7:00Pm

Who knew??? :=)

I've never had lasagna here.

Lucky you...! very popular here is the vegetarian lasagna... for some of us the only one is Lasagna Bolognese....! mucho Bechamel Sauce... Home rolled paper thin pasta layers..

lasagne-medium.jpg

lasagne.jpg

[sub]I will come to the January meeting. Chcken curry and chardonnay. Hopefully I will have time to read the book as well. Look forward to seeing you all. Cheers, Sarah[/sub]

Really try and read it because it gives a very chilling description of life in North Korea AND a new forum member who has recently travelled in North Korea will be coming to the meeting and wants to share his perceptions as compared to the books descriptions. We are so lucky he is interested in sharing his experiences with us! Now we just have to hope his flights are on time as he is arriving the day before the meeting!
And yes, the book club is probably the only place in BsAs where you'll find lasagne without ham and bechamel sauce!

Lucky you...! very popular here is the vegetarian lasagna... for some of us the only one is Lasagna Bolognese....! mucho Bechamel Sauce... Home rolled paper thin pasta layers..

lasagne-medium.jpg

lasagne.jpg

Not only lasagna has ham. Hamburgers are eaten with ham by most Argentines too, sometimes they also add eggs. If we ever had an Argie style pot luck dinner we would only need ham, cheese and flour. Maybe eggs too as long as they're not used for breakfast. Dulce de leche for dessert (although I have to say I really like it).

Nancy that gives me an idea...I'll try and find/cook some Korean dish for the meeting this month! Thanks for the inspiration!

Back