Beers In Ba

Just walked past it this afternoon and they have Happy Hour from 6pm-8pm Wed-Sat. (Well, at least Wed-Fri, but I think Saturday as well.)

The last time I went there for a gathering, the family had already moved out of there and was just using it for their Cerveza Puerta Cerrada, so I think that opening it up to the public just entailed permits, zoning (if such a thing exists here), security, and consistent quality on a larger scale. I would say that they've probably done all of that.

According to the chalk board out front, they now regularly have 6 styles of beer. I'm getting ready to click on their Facebook page right now to find out...

[WAIT FOR IT]

https://www.facebook.com/buenabirra

It looks like:
-Stout
-IPA
-Golden
-Wheat (Weizzen)
-Red Ale
-Irish Red

1507915_662835500447869_281657282_n.jpg

TOP: Red Ale
MIDDLE: Golden Ale, IPA
BOTTOM: Irish Red, Stout, Wheat (Weizzen)

Webpage: http://www.buenabirrasocialclub.com/

Still can't find the hours. It's 10pm, it's raining outside, and I'm thinking about walking over and having a something. Probably either the Irish Red or the Red Ale.

So I went and I'm a bit tipsy. The plan was 1 Pint. The execution was 2 Pints... on an empty stomach..

Happy Hour: 2 Pints for AR$50 (today, February 5th, 2014)

Flavors Tried:
-"Amber": (I think this is the "Traditional Red Ale".) Very good. Nice head, nice body, nice bouquet, nice flavor. Leaning a little towards the "Lupulos" (hops), but not overpowering by any means.
-"Golden Ale": As a Kolsch fan, I'm always looking for a good one. This ale was not billed as being Kolsh in the least bit, but I found it to be "muy parecido". If I were to return on a hot day and I wasn't trying to sample the different flavors in order to blog about it, I'd only get the Golden and I'd be happy... and drunk. I really liked it.
-"IPA": I also sampled the IPA and if you are a "Hop Lover" of "Beat your head with a hop flavored mallet" person, then you'll like this stuff. It is WAY HOPPIER than other IPAs in Buenos Aires. It has the hop level of a Barley Wine. (Not my thing, but my ex... a travel blogger from The States, would have been doing back flips over this one.) If I try it again, it will simply be for blogging purposes, not personal enjoyment.

I will be back. No question, I will be back.

PS- PRICES
HH Pint: 2 x AR$50
Reg Pint: AR$35
IPA Pint: AR$38
1/2 Pint: AR$24
1/2 IPA: AR$27

Several munchie options.

Back