Benefits Of Argentine Citizenship Vs. Permanent Residency

Thanks for sharing your anecdote,Bajo. I agree it's always good to know what could possibly happen WITHIN REASON. Nowhere am I talking about doing anything illegal. On the contrary! That's why I'm becoming a permanent resident!

Thanks for sharing your anecdote,Bajo. I agree it's always good to know what could possibly happen WITHIN REASON. Nowhere am I talking about doing anything illegal. On the contrary! That's why I'm becoming a permanent resident!

Please, don't missunderstand me.
The law says you loose your permanent status if you are abroad over 2 years. Crystal clear.

If you have bad luck, you might not be able to renew it and nobody is going to take responsability on that.

The law says you loose your permanent status if you are abroad over 2 years. Crystal clear.

If you have bad luck, you might not be able to renew it and nobody is going to take responsability on that.

you rock BC 2!

Just arrived today from Miami and noticed everyone with 5 suitcases each ( almost)...walking thru the customs..no suitcases opened.

i just had a 3 kg trolley bag!

So, comming back to the topic, citizenship status is for ever, residency only if you live here is for sure.

When the decree 616/2010 talks about the denaturing of the reason of the residency, it includes the permanent too.

So, to be 1 day every 2 years is risky.

According to the income tax law, you are a resident only if you live 6 months per year. I think this is the proper interpretation, one you can win at Court if you are not lucky.

have you met anyone - BC2..whose citizenship was revoked or questioned for after he had it "written in stone"!

During the swearing in procedure on the actual day you receive the naturalization papers (certificado de ciudadania) you sign a document acknowledging (and are verbally advised) that if any of the supporting documentation that was presented to obtain citizenship is EVER found to be illegitimate (fake, altered, etc) your citizenship WILL be cancelled.

Once again. .I was out of Argentina 4 years without returning and had no problem at all getting the new DNI..things may be different starting now and its not smart to take any risks(and I won't be) but..

have you met anyone - BC2..whose citizenship was revoked or questioned for after he had it "written in stone"!

You mean somebody like Walter Olmos, better known as SS gestapo officer Kutsman. Citizenship can be cancel only if you made fraud to get it.
Al kassar's citizenship was cancel too. There were Interpol arrest order against him for trafficking war weapons.

During the swearing in procedure on the actual day you receive the naturalization papers (certificado de ciudadania) you sign a document acknowledging (and are verbally advised) that if any of the supporting documentation that was presented to obtain citizenship is EVER found to be illegitimate (fake, altered, etc) your citizenship WILL be cancelled.

It is article 15 of the decree 3213/84.

Back