Benefits Of Argentine Citizenship Vs. Permanent Residency

Permanent residents under Argentine law have many more rights and protections than in the U.S.
Not true at all. I would say they are close to identical except in AR a Perm can vote in the non presidential elections. That's it, as a Prem Res in the US you have every right and protection that a citizen has. [except voting] [except in Texas where they are encouraged to vote as frequently as possible, multiple times]

That's it, as a Prem Res in the US you have every right and protection that a citizen has. [except voting] [except in Texas where they are encouraged to vote as frequently as possible, multiple times]

Please elaborate. Texas is one of those states that does everything possible to suppress voter turnout, especially for those with Hispanic surnames or the wrong skin pigment: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/opinion/voter-id-on-trial-in-texas.html

Consulted again with my lawyer..what is written and what is actually done, as most people in argentina know, are two different things. He is telling me that IN PRACTICE, they don't revoke your permanent residency if you are out of the country for more than two years. His firm CURRENTLY has clients that have been living for years in China, Brasil,among other countries, who own properties here, and have been coming and renewing their old DNIs (book form) for the new ones without a problem.
There are plenty of laws that are on the books in the US and here that are antiquated and not enforced, or just not enforced. My immigration lawyer knows how to differentiate between what is actually being applied to what is on the books but never used. If he were such a quack I wouldn't be recieving my permanency now. I have had 0 problems along the way. His firm came recommended to me years ago by other expats who were here for their businesses. He tells it like it is, not out of context of the reality. Skepticism is ok, but referring to him as a quack seems way out of line!.

Please elaborate. Texas is one of those states that does everything possible to suppress voter turnout, especially for those with Hispanic surnames or the wrong skin pigment: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/opinion/voter-id-on-trial-in-texas.html
That is conundrum isn't it?

referring to him as a quack seems way out of line!.

Better to declare his firms name then..so other expats can benefit too and a collective opinion be formed on his abilities. // Plus he wont mind more clients.

There is no difference regarding tax. If you live 6 months per year you have duties no matter if you are a permanent resident or a citizen.

If you're in Argentina less than 6 months a year are you exempted from worldwide income and/or worldwide wealth tax (bienes personales), regardless of citizenship/residency status?

I agree. My DNI expires in 2028. So renewing prior to that doesn't seem to be a very high bar. Seems despite the law--this will remain ambiguous or unevenly applied.

It is not ambiguous.

Don t you see it, it can be rejected. The system is to new too know it but it is predictable.

However, i had a client with permanent residency who was abroad over 20 years, he couldn't renew his DNI.

If you're in Argentina less than 6 months a year are you exempted from worldwide income and/or worldwide wealth tax (bienes personales), regardless of citizenship/residency status?

Right! Regarding income tax, i don t know about bienes personales.

La coqueta, i m going to tell you a story. This year i bought my i phone 5 s and i was writting the afidávit at the airplane. My wife got mád because i declared it because she said that they never check you.
However, i declared it. And we were checked, i paid 100 usd at 8.28 and that's it (300 usd per adult plus 150 per child allowed us to bring 900 usd electronics tax free). I followed my own legal advice against the experience of my wife.

To hide the i phone as she suggested is contraband (4 year and 10 months up to 11 years of jail plus the fine + tax, etc).

When you break the law, you have problems only if you have bad luck, reality is not like a Hollywood cop's movie.

A proper legal advice is that one that protects you against bad luck.

For "good luck" you don't need a lawyer.

Back